chapter 31

(Lexie's P.O.V.)

so Nash, Carter, Jordan, Shawn, Gilinksy, Johnson, Aaron, Matt, and i piled into a giant 10-seater truck that Carter's father gave to him. Carter drove, and Nash and i shared shotgun. everyone's luggage and "necessary things for North Carolina" took up the trunk and two full seats of the truck. since there were 9 of us, i didn't mind sitting on Nash's lap. in fact, i was incredibly happy to do so.

"so guys," Carter grinned as we drove down a back road, "when did you make things official between you two?"

i blushed in embarrassment. i mean, he never really asked me to be his girlfriend. i guess sort of assumed he was mine.

"AAAHHH!" Aaron shrieked.

Carter immediately stopped the truck and pulled over. "what's going on?!" he yelled as he turned around to face the guys.

"M-matt is tickling m-me!" Aaron breathed in between laughs.

we all burst out into a fit of laughter.

"you guys are soo dumb," Carter laughed as he started the car again.

just then, Nash leaned forward and turned on the radio. "Bless the Broken Road" by my favorite band, Rascal Flatts, came on. i smiled immediately as a memory of Nash crept into my mind.

(A.N.: at this point start playing "Bless the Broken Road" to get major Lash {Nash and Lexie} feels.)

*flashback*

i had just gotten in a major fight with Cam about something stupid and ended up stranded somewhere i didn't know, crying hysterically, because he made me get out of his car. so, i called the only person i 100% trusted in the world, Nash.

"N-Nash?" i mumbled through tears when he picked up the phone.

"Lexie? Lex, what's wrong?"

"Cam. he made m-me get out of his t-truck because we got in a f-fight," i sobbed.

"ssh, it's okay, Lex. calm down. where are you by? i'll come pick you up."

"i s-see uh, MeadowView P-park?"

"oh, okay. i know where that is. stay calm, and i'll be there in 10. okay?"

i nodded and sat down on a park bench. before i knew it, Nash's small, blue, Ford pickup pulled up on the curb in front of me and i couldn't help but smile.

he got out and came around to me. he swiftly picked me up bridal style and i giggled like a small child.

"your chariot awaits, darling," he teased as he gently laid me in the front seat.

he walked back around and sat in the driver' seat with a cheeky grin on his face.

"do you wanna talk about it?" he asked as he started the truck.

"no, it's okay," i said as i put my knees to my chest.

"i know what will make you feel better!" he smirked.

"what?" i asked with a slight smile.

he leaned forward and turned on our favorite station and the Rascal Flatts came on.

"I SET OUT ON A NARROW WAYYY--" he wailed along to the music.

"Nash, you sound like a dying whale," i giggled.

"oh yeah like you can sing better," he challenged.

"i actually can."

"prove it."

"but i got lost a time or two, wiped my brow and kept pushing through. i couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you," i sang.

Nash's jaw practically dropped open, "Lex, you're amazing."

"yeah right."

"no i mean it. why haven't you sang for me before?"

"i don't know, i'm not that good."

"are you kidding me?! your voice is perfect...and so are you."

i felt myself slightly blush.

"let's make this our song," he smiled.

i nodded and laughed happily.

"now c'mon sing with me now!" he yelled.

so together we wailed the chorus of the song with the windows down as we drove back home.

*end of flashback, you can turn the song off now also*

"Lex, do you remember?" Nash asked as the song played in the background.

"of course i remember," i smiled as i nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck.

(Cam's P.O.V.)

"we're here!" i yelled to the people in the backseat.

Bob, Greg, Dan, Gina and i got a rental car after we got off the plane. so, we headed to Mahogony's house.

when we pulled in her driveway we all got out and ran to the front door. it had been a long trip and we wanted to lay down and unpack later. i knocked until she answered.

Mahogony was wearing a sparkly silver crop top with denim shorts and pink Vans. her curly red hair was pulled into a side braid and she looked adorable.

"sup Mo?" i asked as i hugged her and went over to her couch.

"since when do you call me Mo?"

"since just now," i grinned. "Mo, these are my friends, Bob, Greg, and Dan. and this is my girlfriend, Gina."

"nice to meet you," she smiled as she shut the door. "oh, and i'm sorry about Taylor. that must've been terrible for you."

"oh it's okay. he, uh...got in the way."

"you'll never believe who's staying next door with Jacob!" Mahogony exclaimed as she sat on a plush chair in the corner of the room.

"who?!" Gina exclaimed with excitement.

"Nash, Lexie, and all of the boys!"

i was pretty sure that that was the best news i've heard all month. i mean, down in Cali they could turn me into the police for killing Taylor, but here in North Carolina, this was anyone's game.