chapter 20

(Lexie's P.O.V.)

"get up, get up!"

i awoke abruptly at the loud scream that appeared to belong to Cam.

"get up, i said! ge--!"

"i am up!" i yelled back, he probably couldn't hear me through the tape, though.

Gina came over to me and the ripped the tape off my mouth.

"now listen, i have some things to take care of. i'm gonna meet with your dad again, because obviously he still has no idea you're gone, then i'll come back and finish you off," he snickered.

"can i at least use the bathroom and eat something before you go?" i begged.

"you're so spoiled," he sneered, "Taylor, take her over to the bathroom."

Taylor came over to me and untied my hands, then he pulled me over to the bathroom. i walked in and closed and locked the door tightly. i started feeling around the walls in search of some escape.

"don't even look for a way out!" Taylor called. "you won't find one!"

he's so trained by Cam, it's sickening.

i felt in my pocket in hopes that my phone was still inside. of course, it wasn't. there goes my one chance of contacting the outside world.

"you need to get to Nash," i assured myself as i looked in the mirror.

i quickly used the bathroom and washed my hands and face.

"time to come out now, let's go!"

i opened the door and Taylor quickly grabbed me. i pointed to the tape on my mouth.

"yeah, what?" he asked as he ripped it off.

"where's my phone?"

"i took care of that!" Cam said as he pointed to the pile of glass on the floor.

Taylor dragged me back over to the chair and i sobbed as he tied me up again.

"oh, stop your crying!" Gina yelled as she took a bite of a bagel.

Cam then came over to my chair and stuffed a piece of bread in my mouth.

"there's her meal. now Taylor, watch her closely while i'm gone and make sure Gina doesn't do anything stupid. i'll be back soon," he said as he put a jacket on and headed towards the door. "and Lisa," i interrupted.

"it's Lexie!"

"yeah, whatever. you don't have to have your tape on as long as you don't raise your voice too loudly. there's my good deed of the day," he winked as he headed outside. he gently closed the door behind him. we heard his car start up and drive down the street. he was gone.

Gina was watching some stupid show on a small TV in the corner of the room and Taylor sat next to my chair, knees to his chest, face buried in his hands.

"Taylor, i called quietly.

"yeah, what?" he said as he brought his head up.

"w-why are you d-doing this?" i cowardly stumbled.

"what?"

"why are you doing this to me? what did i ever to do you?"

"...that's none of your concern. i'm helping my best friend out, that's all."

"whatever, Taylor. just remember you are your own person," i lightly smiled at him.

the room got silent and it stayed that way, except for the sound of Gina's show in the background. now, all i could do was wait for Cam to come back to discover what fate he had in store for me. i had a strong feeling that it wasn't a good one. i cried to myself to try and cover some of the silence.

(Nash's P.O.V.)

i was so sick of being at the hospital. i felt better and all i needed to do was see Lexie. i buzzed for the nurse and she rushed in.

"yes, Nash?"

"i would like to go home now."

"oh, Nash, you're not well enough to go home ye-"

"i said i would like to home, now."

she nodded quickly.

"i'll go get your doctor."

i got out my phone and dialed Lexie. the machine picked up right away and her sweet little voice came on to narrate her voicemail. my heart ached as i longed to see her beautiful face. just then, my doctor, Dr. Parker, came in.

"Hamilton!" he called as he merrily walked in.

"call me Nash," i smiled as i adjusted my head on my pillow.

"okay, Nash, what's going on, bud?" he asked as he sat down next to my bed.

"i would like you to send me home," i said confidently.

"oh, Nash, i don't think i can do that. i mean, you almost died and i just don't want to see you--"

"Dr. Parker?" i asked, cutting him off.

"hm?"

"have you ever...been in love?"

he smiled broadly.

"why, yes. yes i have. i'm happily married, actually."

"so you know how i feel. the girl that i love is in serious trouble and i need to find her and help her. please, Dr. Parker, please," i begged.

"well, you are definitely looking better. so, uh what are you waiting for? you better go find that girl!" he winked.

"thank you, sir!" i exclaimed as i took my blanket off for the first time since i got there.

i was practically bed ridden, so standing up was a new sensation.

"just promise if you have any problems at all, you come back and see me. okay?"

"of course! thank you so much."

"i'm going to go sign some papers for you, go ahead and get your stuff together, Nash," he said as he gently patted me on the back.

i grabbed my phone off the nightstand then walked over to my bathroom. i opened the door and looked at myself in the mirror. i adjusted the bandage on my head and splashed some water on my face.

okay, Nash. let's go find Lexie.

and with that, i carefully walked down the hallway, ready to face anyone or anything that might come between me and my Lexie.