chapter 22

(Jordan's P.O.V.)

Cameron was all i could think about for the next half hour or so. i know i didn't know him long, but i felt special with him. i tried my best not to think about him, but i just...couldn't.

why is he so perfect?

i started to organize some papers.

his smile, his eyes, his hair.

i shuffled the papers, desperately trying to stop my thoughts.

he makes the weirdest faces and he tries to sing but he just can't, it's so cute.

i got up and quickly paced around the room, my head exploding.

and have you seen his body? his refined abs and toned muscles?

i leaned against the windowsill. i was basically overpowered.

oh, yeah. and did you realize he doesn't even like you?

"ugh! stop it!" i yelled. i couldn't take it anymore. Mr. Thomas rushed in.

"Jordan? are you okay?" he said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

i took some deep breaths, "yes. yes i'm fine. i'm so sorry, Mr. Thomas."

"i told you, call me Grant."

we shared a light smile.

just then, the office door burst open. it was Nash and Mrs. Thomas. Nash was pale and Mrs. Thomas was crying hysterically. Grant embraced her.

"Nash, what's going on?" Grant asked as he looked up to him.

"Lexie's m-missing," he said as tears formed in the corners of his eyes.

"we were too careless with her, Grant. and now she's gone," she sobbed.

"well, what do you mean she's gone?" he asked a serious expression appeared on his face.

"i got a mysterious call from the hospital f-fr-from..."

"from who? just say it, Nash."

"Cameron."

"Cameron? as in the Cam that was here earlier?" i chimed in.

"yeah, that'd be the one."

"Nash, i'm not sure i can believe you. Cameron is a great kid. why would he do such a thing?"

"are you seriously questioning me?" Nash's voice became stern.

"i just can't take your word when Cameron was here earlier telling me how much he loved Lexie."

what?

"what do you mean...loved?" i asked. i was so confused.

"they've been dating for several months. apparently he loves her," Nash said, "why do you even care?"

"i just sorta thought we were a...thing," i began to cry.

"was he dating you, too? i'm sorry i didn't know," he said gently as he placed his hand on my back.

"can we p-please f-focus?" Mrs. Thomas muttered.

"Teresa, there's nothing to worry about. i'm sure Nash is just making this all up to try and destroy Cameron. he's always been jealous of him. everything will be fine, i promise," Mr. Thomas stated matter-of-factly.

"but, Grant, that still doesn't explain where Lexie is!" she exclaimed.

"she'll show up eventually. now c'mon into the studio, honey. you can help me with some soundtracks," he said as he grabbed her hand.

"but she was gonna help me find Lexie!"

"Nash, i'm sorry but you're on your own."

"it's okay Nash, i'll help," i said as i wiped a tear away.

"no you will not! i will fire you if you do!"

"i'm sorry, Grant, but i don't care," i smirked.

"fine then!" he slammed the studio door, Mrs. Thomas crying all the while.

"so are you in?" Nash asked as he reached for my hand.

"yeah, i'm in, i smiled."

i grabbed his hand and we were off.

sorry, Cam. payback's coming your way.

(Lexie's P.O.V.)

i was sitting in silence for nearly four hours, when he finally came back. he opened the door and Gina ran up to him.

"baby!" Gina exclaimed as he swung her around.

"so any updates, Taylor?" he asked as he hung up his leather jacket.

"no we sat in silence all day."

Taylor wouldn't make direct eye contact with Cam.

"alright. oh yeah i um have some news. i need Lexie dead."

"what!?" i questioned a little too loudly.

"shut up!" Cam yelled. he picked up an empty beer bottle and slammed it over my head.

"things are getting too suspicious and i don't know where Nash is, if he's alive or not. therefore, you have to die. nothing personal."

shards of glass were everywhere, i could tell i was bleeding immensely. i began to cry.

i looked over at Gina who was smiling proudly.

"tomorrow night at 11, i'm gonna shoot her on the spot."

"but, Cam, that wasn't part of the deal!" Taylor exclaimed.

"would you shut up, Taylor! gosh, no wonder why you have no fans."

Taylor began to slowly walk to the bathroom.

"i'm sleeping in here tonight," he said calmly and slammed the door.

suddenly my heart began to ache for him. i shouldn't feel bad for him, though. should i?

(Taylor's P.O.V.)

i ended up falling asleep against the bathroom door. i couldn't take Cameron anymore, and i never, ever knew that Lexie was going to have to die in all of this. i rubbed my eyes and took out my phone for the first time since we got here. Cam trusted me to keep my phone as long as i didn't "betray" him. i looked at my messages to see that Nash had overflowed my inbox with messages like, "Taylor where are you?", "do you know where Lexie is?", "please help me, i need you."

i don't know what got into me, but i responded to him.

Nash, you're still alive?

he quickly responded:

Nash-
yes! look do you know where Lexie is?

me-
...yes.

Nash-
you do? where is she? please help me out.

me-
why should i?

Nash-
because i know you are a great person and i have faith in you. now please, tell me what you know.

me-
we're at the abandoned warehouse on 50th...and i'm on team Nash. always have been. come here tomorrow night before 11. he's plotting to kill her so we need to stop him. don't text me at all anymore because i don't want him to catch me.

Nash-
wow. i knew you had it in you. thank you so much, Taylor. for the record, i missed you a lot.

i cleared the conversation and let out a sigh of relief. i was really happy that me and Nash finally reconciled, but there was one thing i knew for sure. i basically wrote out my own death sentence by giving away that information.