chapter 14

(Cam's P.O.V.)

i strolled into Mr. Thomas's studio, feeling confident as ever. i walked up to the cute red head girl at the front desk.

"hi there, cutie," i winked at her, "i'm Cameron Dallas."

"ooh, what a flirt you are!" she giggled. "do you have an appointment with Mr. Thomas?"

"well, not an official appointment, but he told me to stop by."

"okay, i'll go check with him. make yourself comfortable and i'll be right back."

i sat down in a fancy leather chair and waited for her to return.

"you're in luck, Mr. Dallas. Mr. Thomas will see you now."

"thank you, beautiful." i grabbed her hand and kissed it gently.

i opened the door to his office and smiled widely.

"how are you, Mr. Thomas?" i shook his hand.

"fine, young man. please, sit down. can i get you a beverage or anything?"

"a water would be great, thanks."

"Jordan!" he called.

the cute red head from the front desk hurriedly walked in.

"yes, Mr. Thomas?"

"can i get two waters?"

"of course, sir."

she went back to the front and got the beverages.

"i did want to mention your little explosion that happened yesterday. what was that?"

"i'm sorry, sir. i don't really know. it just sorta--happened."

"i guess everyone makes mistakes," he sighed, "so, Cameron. how long have you been singing?"

"well, i haven't formally sang yet, but i'm hoping that you can make me into a star."

"it is a possibility. how many followers do you have on vine?"

"3.4 million," i stated proudly.

"that is quite a lot. if we work with you, those fans can follow you into your singing career and you be quite the popular young man."

just then, the red head came back with our waters.

"sorry to interrupt," she placed the drinks on the table and rushed back out.

"why don't you step into the recording booth and just give me a sample of what you can do," Mr. Thomas said as he sipped his water.

"sure."

i sipped my water then went inside the booth. i placed the headphones on my head, grabbed the mic, and began to sing my favorite song, "All Me" by Drake.

(Mr. Thomas's P.O.V.)

Cameron walked inside the booth and sing a familiar song called "All Me". but he was horrible. he had no sense of rhythm or anything. the song was almost painful to listen to. i felt bad because he seemed like a nice kid and he was dating my daughter. when he finished he smiled confidently and stood in front of me.

"so, what did you think?" he asked.

"um...it was rough. it was really rough. i'm gonna have to put a lot of thought into it. i still have faith it could work based on your fan base."

"ugh really!?" he punched the wall next to him.

"Cameron, i need you to calm down. it's not a no. i just need to think about things."

he took a deep breath and regained composure.

"okay, thank you for your time. please contact me."

"will do."

we shook hands and he left my office.

thank God.

(Cam's P.O.V.)

we shook hands and i left his office. when i got back to the front desk, the red head was sitting there still.

"so how'd it go, Mr. Dallas?" she questioned dreamily.

oh yeah. she was into me.

"eh, it went bad, but i still might have a chance."

"oh, well i'm on break right now. what do you say we go grab a drink?" she said as she ran her fingers up my arm.

"i say that's a fabulous idea."

"wait are you single?" she lifted her hand off me.

i hesitated slightly, "....yes."

"great, let's go."

she stood up, we linked arms, then headed out the door.

how hard could it be to balance three girls? well, i guess i'll find out.