chapter 9

(Nash's P.O.V.)

"that son of a--" i was cut off as Cam started running towards the window. i cussed under my breath and ducked behind a bush.

"Grier!" he yelled, "get over here!" i decided to take this like a man. i puffed out my chest and walked back around to meet him at the front door.

"what are you doing here!?"

"i need to come in, Cam."

"fine," he breathed.

he stepped aside to let me in.

the girl was still sitting on the couch. she seemed like she was one of those stupid blondes that didn't really know what was going on.

"who's this?" i gestured to the girl.

Cam's face practically turned white.

"oh she's just a friend. Gina, it's time for you to go now."

"kay, babe. text me later." she kissed him on the cheek and strutted out the door.

"what's going on!?" i asked as i inched closer to him.

"i said she's just a friend. a close friend, that's all!"

"i'm not buying it, Dallas. look, i came here to tell you that you messing with Lexie isn't okay with me and it needs to stop."

"what are you gonna do about it, pretty boy?" he cracked his knuckles broadly.

"this."

i used all my might and pushed him into the piano in the corner of the room.

"arrrgggh!"

he got up and ran towards me. he punched me square in the stomach and i felt the air being sucked out of me. i bent over and gasped for air. he pushed me straight to the ground and hovered over me, his breath staggered from falling into the piano.

"look, Nash. i give you credit for trying to figure out my little mystery, but nobody messes with Cameron Dallas." Cam lifted up my head and slammed it on the ground multiple times. then, he kicked the side of my face. and all i remember after that were the flashing police lights and the look of pleasure on Cameron's face.

(Lexie's P.O.V.)

i sat on my bed as i reviewed my Vine feed for the day. boring. just then, i got a call from a random number.

"hello?"

"hello," the strange voice answered, "is this Lexie Thomas?"

"y-yes. why?"

"do you happen to know Nash Grier?"

"yes i do," i sighed as i thought about our fight earlier.

"Lexie, Nash was brought here to the NorthSide Hospital about a half hour ago. he has severe head trauma and we're not sure if he's going to make it. you might want to come down here to say goodbye."

"w-what?"

"i'm really sorry, Lexie. he was brought here too late."

my heart sunk into my chest. the worst thing that could of possibly happened, is happening. Nash my best friend, is going to die.