Chapter 13

(Photo is on the second side)

_....................Spyro's Pov................._

Both Cynder and himself were ambushed by grublins. It was almost as if they knew they both were coming.

'No,' Spyro shook his head 'That would be ridiculous.' They always seemed to pop up where ever they went and whenever they tried to do something. It was nothing they couldn't handle.... nothing to worry about.

.......

...Oh.... but how wrong he was...

It wasn't just a group, it was more like a hoard. They fought as hard as they could against Grublins, Archers, and Orcs. But it seemed as though for every one enemy they killed, two more took it's place. As hard as they tried, there was just to many of them.

He could hear Cynder calling to him for help, but he was just as screwed as she was, but he still tried... he had to try harder.

But one can only do so much. Both Spyro and Cynder's Mana had all but gone, along with their Stamina, which had completely depleted to zero, but they still fought. They couldn't just give up because the odds were against them, no, they had to fight until they either cleared them all out, have to flee, or they drop dead, and they refuse to go with option number two and three, so they kept on fighting.

But a dragon can only take so much. After awhile, they found themselves lying on the ground, panting and severely wounded. Completely run dry of any strength they had left.

Even when he was at death's door, only one thought crossed Spyro's mind at this moment.

'(Y/n)!'

Were you already dead or did you survive and escape? And if you were still alive, were you slowly dying by bleeding to death? Did you go on to save the moles? Or did they already die as well? What happened to you?

Spyro found himself building up his Fury, seeing as it was the only way out of this mess, he gave one look to Cynder, who seemed to have the same idea.

But before they could go much farther with their plan, a sudden (F/c) blur came walking into his line of sight.

'(F/c).......'

'(F/c)..?'

It took him a couple of seconds to piece two and two together, and when he finally knew who it was, he couldn't believe it.

'Wait! (F/c)!!'

What on Earth were you doing?!

He watched as you stopped right in the middle of the flurry. Enemy's snarling, throwing, and spitting taunts in their own language at you. Spyro seen your mouth move from where he was lying, and seeing as to how they all readied their weapons, it must have been something bad.

Spyro felt his heart stop beating once they all swung down their axes, clubs and shot their arrows at you, while screaming ineligible gibberish. "(Y/-"

But before he could yell out your name, he seen thick black smoke streaming from the crowd of monsters, it stopped just a few inches in front of Cynder and his face, as if there was an invisible wall keeping the fog from touching them, it rolled over itself and disintegrated into thin air before either of them could even breath it in. There was a moment before he seen you jumped from the hoard and into the air, higher then he had ever seen you go. But it was only for a moment, because not a second later, the thick fog along with all the evil beings, went flying into the air, cutting off his sights of you.