'Cigarettes and Alcohol' - Chapter four

Lilly was pulled out of her flashback by the familiar voice of Archie.

"Hellooo, earth to lil?you OK?" he questioned, his tone of voice slightly mocking her. she blinked twice before scowling at him and responding. "Of course i'm OK, Archie. why wouldn't i be?" she said, pushing past him to put the guitars back into the proper positions.                                                    "Oh. I'll just put whatever happened just now down to sexual frustration then." he quipped, smirking when he saw Lilly's disgusted face. "Grow up, Archie. that's possibly the most childish thing you've ever said to me."     "Is that so? i thought it was the time that i asked if you were on ya period since you were being really mardy. i guess not."  he responded, a satisfied smile on his face as he saw Lilly remember the following conversation. Lilly was about to respond when her dad entered the room again, and took several steps back when he saw Archie. "Well you've certainly changed haven't you? how's your dad doing? well i hope?"  he asked, shaking hands with Archie as they laughed and answered each-overs questions. 

"Yeah, yeah my dad's good, thanks, Mr kaliski. how's Emma?" Archie asked, referring to Lilly's mum. "Oh,  she- she moved to Australia a few months ago."  Lilly's dad replied after a brief awkward silence. "Oh shit, I'm so sorry Mr Kaliski, i had no idea" Archie replied, evidently taken to surprise by this knowledge. "It's fine, Archie, really. me and this one are better off without her!" her dad laughed, wrapping an arm around Lilly's shoulder as he smiled at Archie.

"Right, well it was great to see you again, Mr Kaliski, I'm gonna head off now, take Lilly of ya hands for a while whilst you get settled in. I somely swear we'll be up to no good, but that I'll have her back by curfew with mischief managed." Archie winked at Lilly's dad before dragging her out of the shop and down the road before she could protest. 

"Where the fuck are you taking me, Green?" Lilly questioned as he dragged her across the road and into the forest. "I'm taking you to see the greatest people you will ever meet. Also known as my mates." he replied, swearing as he tripped over a large fallen branch. As they approached a clearing within the forest, Lilly saw the group of people that had gone into the shop with Archie. she awkwardly stood to the side as he went and spoke to everyone, taking a beer from the several packs beside the girl that had smiled at Lilly. 

"Right, everyone, I have someone very important to introduce you to. This, is  Lilly Kaliski." Archie said, gesturing towards Lilly, who awkwardly waved at the group as they all stared at her. "Hi" Lilly said, feeling like they were all judging her with their eyes. She knew this was a bad outfit choice. i knew these were a bit short on me she thought to herself. she was only wearing a The Stone Roses top with the shorts, Her hoodie was back at the shop.  so she was a bit cold as the sun had set.

Lilly sat shivering in the wind, as the group welcomed her in and asked friendly questions; 'so how do you know Archie?'  'Where did you say you were from again?'  she felt somebody sit down next to her on the log she was perched on, draping something over her shoulders. she knew it was Archie as the jumper smelt like him. she pulled it over her head and smiled at him.

"Thanks, Arch" Lilly said, leaning into his shoulder for warmth. Just like old times, sitting around a campfire with Archie, an illegal drink in her hand as they watched the stars together.  Things were starting to look up, but Lilly needed to be realistic, she was never going to truly happy again without Ben beside her. And pretty much everyone knew it.