'Youth'- chapter 10

Lilly woke up the next morning alone, instead of cuddled up next to Archie, the way she had fallen asleep. She sat up and streched her arms, pulling the blanket off her body as she stood up and folded it back up on the sofa. She made her way into the kitchen to forage for food and found Archie by the stove, attempting to turn it on. Lilly giggled quietly and snuck up behind him, wrapping her arms around his torso and leaning up to press a kiss on his shoulder. 

"Finally, your awake!" Archie exclaimed, making Lilly giggle. She had noticed that the living room had been cleaned, and made a mental note to repay Archie for cleaning up everybodies mess whilst she was playing catchup with sleep. "i take it you missed me when i was playing Sleeping Beauty then?" she questioned, pecking Archie on the lips before going to move away to get some juice from the fridge. Archie grabbed her arm and span her around back into his chest. 

Lilly giggled as they danced around the kitchen, humming the same song as they both slow danced on the kitchen tiles. "Dancing on the kitchen tiles, it's all about youuuu" Archie sang as they both laughed, Lilly's face scrunched up in concentration as she tried to remember the next line. "Anddddd, i would answer all your wishes, if you asked me to." she sang, finally remembering the next line. They both laughed as they gently danced, neither of them  knowing the next line but not really caring. Archie leaned in to kiss Lilly, but right before their lips touched, the fire alarm went off and the sprinklers came on. 

"Oh shit, i completely forgot that i was trying to make you breakfast in bed! I'm so sorry Lil, i mess everything up" Archie said, running his hands through his hair as he looked down at the floor. Lilly grabbed his hands and started to laugh, finding the whole situation really funny. "Archie, it's fine, really. This whole situation is funny to me. I'm not sure that my dad will think the same though" Lilly smirked, moving over to the pan of burnt bacon and eggs. 

"I don't even like eggs, and i'm a vegetarian" Lilly laughed as she threw the burnt food into the bin and moved over to the sink to wash up the pan. She grabbed the washing up liquid and began to scrub the pan as she felt Archie come up behind her and lean his head on her shoulder. "One day, you'll be waking up to that every morning" Archie laughed, but Lilly turned around with a shocked expression. "Really? you want to marry me someday?" Lilly questioned, smiling wider as she wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning back onto to counter

"Yeah, I've wanted to marry you since we were 11, Lil. From the moment I saw you, I knew I had to have you." He replied, smirking as he reached behind Lilly to turn the tap on, before pulling it out of the stand and aiming it at Lilly's head. "OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK" Lilly laughed as Archie ran out of the room with Lilly chasing him, acting like two little kids as they turned it into a game of Hide and Seek.

 They were still playing when her dad got home, having spent the night at a friends as he drove there but had alcohol. "What on earth are you two idiots doing now?" Her dad laughed as he walked in the front door, and saw Lilly trying to pull Archie out from between the sofa cushions. "Oh hi dad, we were just playing Hide and Seek" Lilly replied, still trying to move Archie as he had somehow managed to get himself stuck. 

"But, your both seventeen years of age" he replied, still laughing at the fact that Archie was left alone with his daughter, and they decided to play hide and seek. "Well yeah, but your never too old for games, Mr Kaliski" Archie replied, falling onto the floor after finally having fallen out from between the cushions. "I guess you have a point there, kiddo. Anyway, I'm glad you both had fun" Lilly's dad replied, before going back outside to bring his stuff in. "We sure did have fun" Archie whispered to Lilly, giving her a kiss behind the ear. Lilly blushed and giggled slightly before quickly returning the gesture before her dad came in.