Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Nolan

       I was really happy Jerome was back in Miami with me. I really though I would have been able to cope without him, but once three days passed, I was no longer able to. We depended on each other, and I really needed him with me.

       I sometimes felt like a burden to him.

       We were both in the living room, watching a movie. I was laying on the couch with my head resting on his lap.

       Jerome's cell phone suddenly rang, so he paused the movie to answer it. "Aww, hi, future sister....I don't care it's totally happening....Not unless I can catch a flight, but then I'll be there in four hours, so nope, I can't hang out with you guys....Oh, I had to come back to Miami for certain reasons....Yeah, he's okay now. He just really needed me. I would have told you I was leaving, but it happened fast, and you live here anyway so it's not like I would be leaving you forever....Yeah, okay. I'll see you when you get back."

       "I'm guessing that was Mae," I said once Jerome hung up and placed his phone back on the coffee table.

       "Yeah," Jerome said. "How'd you guess?"

       "The fact that you called her your future sister," I said. "Didn't your parents just start dating?"

       "Yes, but it will happen," Jerome said. "I guarantee it. So, are you feeling any better?"

       I hesitated a bit before answering. "I want to go to the doctors."

       "What?"

       "I want to go to the doctors," I said. "To get checked out. Something's wrong with me and I want to find out what."

       "Nothing's wrong with you, Nolan," Jerome said.

       "Yes, there is," I said. "This wasn't just my anxiety. I had it when we weren't living together, and I did fine not seeing you every day. I want to know why I couldn't handle it."

       "Okay," Jerome said. "I'll call your doctor when the office opens tomorrow to book an appointment."

       "Thanks," I said.

       "Anything for my amazing husband," Jerome said before leaning down and giving me a soft kiss. "Are you even paying attention to the movie?" I shook my head. "Want to do something else?"

       "Like what?" I asked.

       "I don't know," Jerome said. "Is there anything you want to do?"

       "Not really, no," I said. "Just snuggle."

       Jerome chuckled slightly before laying down on the couch beside me so we could snuggle together. That was the one thing I definitely missed when he was in Montreal.

       "You know what one of the founders of VidGalore is planning?" Jerome asked me. "A reality TV game show."

       "Really?" I asked. "With the vloggers?"

       "Yeah," Jerome said. "I think five vloggers are going to be chosen, and each vlogger is going to choose someone to bring with them so there will be ten people in total."

       "How will it work?" I asked.

       "They haven't released too many details about it," Jerome said. "All I do know is that the ten people will be staying in this huge house and there will be different challenges, and once a week someone will be eliminated. They still get to stay in the house, but they don't get to participate."

       "Sounds fun," I said. "And drama-filled. I've seen reality TV game shows. They get really dramatic."

       "Yeah, I know," Jerome said. "I know it's a long shot of me being chosen, but if I do, would you want to come with me?"

       "I'd have no choice, really," I said. "If you're there and I'm here, I'd probably have another meltdown."

       Jerome sighed. "Right. If you don't want to go, I'll stay."

       "No, I honestly would love to," I said. 

       "Okay," Jerome said. "But like I said, it's a long shot."

       I snorted. "Jerome, come on, you're probably going to be chosen."

       "What makes you say that?" Jerome asked.

       "Uh, views?" I said. "They're going to want a lot of views, so they'll pick popular vloggers, and you made it into the top five. That, and they're also want to create drama, and which two vloggers have the most drama?"

       "Me and Dirk," Jerome said.

       "Exactly," I said. "They're probably going to pick the both of you."

       Jerome sighed. "Great. If that does happen, I'm going to have to deal with him."

       "Did they say when they're going to choose the vloggers?" I asked.

       "Well, they're planning for the show to be in the late spring throughout summer," Jerome said. "And I think they're going to pick sometime before that. They said maybe March or April. You think they'll actually pick me?"

       "Uh, yeah," I said. "Like I said, they want the views and drama. And they would want eye candy too and let's face it. You're hot."

       "Why, thank you," he said, giving me a smile.

       I smiled back at him. "You're welcome."

       Jerome gave me a soft kiss. "I love you so much, Nolan."

       "I love you too," I said. "And I'm really happy you're in my life. I don't know what I would do without you."

        "And I don't know what I would do without you," Jerome said. "I may not have struggled as much as you did, but with the struggling I did have to go through, you were always there for me and I couldn't ask for a better husband. So, you know what we should do?"

       "Well, knowing you, it's probably going to have to do something with kissing," I said.

       "No," Jerome said. "Well, yes, we should do that too. But I was thinking we should....adopt a kid."

       I stared at him for a bit. "What, really?"

       Jerome nodded. "Yeah. I mean, not right now of course since you're going through a lot and you're in your first year of university, but....I'd still like to adopt one soon. I don't know how soon...."

       I smiled. "I'd love to. Again, I don't know how soon, but having a kid shouldn't be too much of a hassle when you're out of school and I'm still in school."

       "Yeah," Jerome said. "Yeah, exactly. But we won't do it until you feel you're ready."

___________________

I love Jerlan. <3 JERLAN WILL ALWAYS BE MY NUMBER ONE OTP YUSSSSSSSSSSS.

Guyssssss I want to paint something, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO PAINT. THE HORRORS lol.

And I'm going to have to start applying for jobs soon so that's fun. I already applied to one store THAT I REALLY WANT TO WORK AT AND IF I DON'T I'M GOING TO CRY. Not really, but it's, like, the only place I can see myself working at.