Chapter 36

Shout out to GillianSeas for the cover!!

Chapter 36

Jerome

       Nolan and I were getting ready to do the cake decorating contest. We were lucky to actually find pre-made cake layers at the grocery store, so we didn't have to worry about baking the cake first.

       Nolan was setting out all the decoration supplies while I was setting up my camera so it was in direct view of the kitchen. We were even having a large piece of cardboard separating the counter into two so we wouldn't be able to see what each other was doing.

       Not that I needed to see what he was going. I was going to smoke this competition.

       After everything was set up, we got behind the counter and I used the remote for the camera to start recording before setting the remote aside. "What's up, Jeromans? So, I am here with Nolan, finally. He is now back in my videos, and not just my vlogs. I know a lot of you were commenting on how much you missed this little cinnamon roll, so how does it feel to be back, Nolan?"

       "It feels great to be back," Nolan said. "But I'm totally destroying you in today's video."

       "Wow, someone's confident," I said. "So, today's video is a cake decoration contest. We have icing, food coloring, already made cake layers. We each get three layers and basically, we get to do what we want. Oh, but we're both going to stick with one theme so it will be easier to compare."

       "What's the theme?" Nolan asked.

       "Rainbow," I said. "Because why not? And we don't have a time limit because I can always cut out some parts so the video doesn't run too long. You ready?"

       "To crush you? Yes."

       "Okay, you're being way too confident about this."

       Nolan just shrugged before we started decorating our own cakes. I started by putting a layer of frosting on the first layer of cake so I could stack them together.

       "So, Nolan, tell us a story to entertain the viewers," I said. "Any story."

       "So, when I was ten, a lot of my aunts and uncles took turn watching me and my siblings after school when both our parents were working," Nolan said. "Sometimes when my uncle Nick was watching us, he would take us to my aunt Ginny's bakery after lunch and I would help her decorate the cakes."

       I stopped applying frosting and looked over at Nolan. "What?"

       "I've been decorating cakes since I was four," Nolan continued, innocently mixing some red food coloring with some frosting. "I haven't done it for a while because I haven't really had any reason to bake a cake, but I used to help out my aunt Ginny all the time at her bakery."