Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Jerome

       When someone cleared their throat behind me, I had to pull away from kissing Nolan. Well, I didn't have to and I certainly didn't want to, but I did anyway as I looked over to see who cleared their throat. Of course.

       "Oh, I'm sorry," I said. "Are we in your way?"

       "No," Dirk said sarcastically. "You're totally not in my our way."

       I just shrugged and was about to go back to kissing Nolan, but Cheryl said, "Seriously? He was being sarcastic."

       "Was that sarcasm?" I asked. "I couldn't tell. My bad."

       "Just move out of our way," Dirk said.

       "Sorry, I didn't hear a please," I said.

       Dirk narrowed his eyes at me and clenched his teeth. "Please."

       "Well, you certainly didn't say it in a nice way, but I guess that will do," I said before taking Nolan's hand and leading him to the stools sitting at the counter. 

       While Dirk and Cheryl were looking through the fridge for something to eat, I grabbed two bananas sitting in a bowl and handed one to Nolan.

       "You know what I don't get," Dirk said, grabbing an apple from the fridge and turning around to face me. "How you're still in the game."

       "You mad because Cheryl got eliminated early in the game?" I asked.

       "No," Dirk said. "I'm mad because your husband would have been eliminate by now if you didn't come back in. I would have been the one to win that challenge and everyone would have voted against him."

       "Don't blame me or him," I said. "Blame the fans. They're the ones who picked Nolan to be the fan favourite. I mean, he totally deserves it, but still. If the fans didn't choose him, he wouldn't have picked the card that brought me back, which caused both Paula and Bessie to be eliminated."

       I was disappointed Dirk was still in the game. He won the second challenge of the week, which took him off the elimination and put Bessie on.

       Paula and Bessie were not happy that both of them were eliminated. They kept claiming it wasn't far, but Lucy wasn't listening to it. She said the cards were going to make or break the game and have a lot of twists.

       Now, it was just me, Nolan, and Dirk left. The challenge on Monday was going to determine everything. If Dirk won, he would for sure make it in the final round. If he didn't, then both Nolan and I were going to have to make sure he didn't win the challenge on Friday to make himself safe from elimination.

       "I still don't know why he won the fan favourite three times," Dirk said. "There's nothing special about him."

       "Obviously there is if I won three times," Nolan said. Ooh, sassy Nolan was here.

       "They probably just pity you," Dirk said. "Because how many challenges did you win?"

       "More than your fiancee, that's for sure," Nolan said. "Besides, I doubt they pity me if they made a Nolan Protection Squad. Even if they did pity me, I wouldn't care. I would rather be pitied, win fan favourite three times, and get my husband back in the game than to not win at all. But hey, whatever floats your boat."

       Seriously, when sassy Nolan was here, there was no escaping.

       "Cheryl didn't have any chances to win," Dirk said.

       "She had plenty of chances to win," Nolan said. "The first challenge, the second, the third, and the fourth. She just didn't."

        "What's your problem, attacking my fiance like that?" Dirk asked.

        "I'm sorry, I didn't realize you also had memory problems," Nolan said. "Weren't you the one telling Jerome that I wasn't going to make it far in the challenge because I'm a weak competitor? So, attacking me is fine, but attacking Cheryl isn't?"

       "Hey, I was just stating what's true," Dirk said. "You couldn't stay in the box for more than three minutes, and you fell off the log before we even hit thirty seconds."

       "Well, sorry for having really bad anxiety and not doing well in closed spaces," Nolan said. "And sorry for still recovering from a back injury that left me paralyzed for quite some time. I may not be the strongest competitor, but I sure am not the weakest and if you and I make it into the final round, I will destroy you."

       Note to self: Never mess with Nolan.

       But damn, him being so confident was sexy as hell.

       Dirk just smirked in reply. "Keep thinking that," he said before he and Cheryl left the kitchen.

       "Wow," I said. "That was....wow."

       "Was I too harsh?" Nolan asked, now sounding worried. He was too adorable for the world.

       "Who cares?" I asked. "Dirk really needs to take his ego down a few levels."

       Nolan sighed. "I just hope you and I make it into the final round because there's no way I would actually win against Dirk."

       "Yes, you will," I said. "And obviously you have some faith in yourself if you said all of that to Dirk, because there was no way you were lying."

       "I could have been," Nolan.

       "No, you couldn't have," I said. "You're horrible at lying."

       "You really think I'll do good if I make it to the finals?" Nolan said.

       "Yes, definitely," I said. "We have no clue what the final challenge is going to be, but I don't have a single doubt in my mind that you will do so amazing. They're going to want an actual competition, so they aren't going to do something they know isn't your strongest suit, like balancing on a log or staying in a box. They're going to want the challenge to be so close, that viewers will be sitting at the edge of their seat."

       "I guess you're right...." Nolan said.

       "Hey, if you're not feeling up to it, then all we have to do is make sure we win both Monday and Friday's challenge," I said. "That way, you won't have any pressure going up against me, okay?"

       Nolan nodded. "Okay."

________________________

SLAY NOLAN SLAYYYYY. The Prince-Roys slay my entire existence (even though im the one writing them oops)

Guys, four more chapters of Jerlan's story. I am going to miss them sooooooo much. AND I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY SAY, THEY WILL FOREVER BE MY OTP. Seriously, it's not because of how adorable they are, it's because of how they make each other better. By being with Jerome, Nolan stopped caring what other people think of him. (well a small part of him still cares but that's who he is). He isn't even afraid to tell the world that he's gay. (omg remember during internationals when he shouted, "Yeah! That's my boyfriend!") And Nolan was always there for Jerome when his parents weren't, and he always loves Jerome's craziness, no matter how annoying it is. <3

Uggh, I cry every time I think about Ryder the Love Expert and how originally, Mae was going to stay in Miami and not move back to Quebec. If I went with that, then I never would have created Jerome, he wouldn't have gotten with Nolan, and I wouldn't have this amazing and beautiful couple. JERLAN FOR THE WIN.

#ProtectNolanAtAllCosts #NolanProtectionSquad