Chapter Thirty Two

Matt awoke from a peaceful sleep about three in the afternoon. He looked over to see Josh lying next to him, already awake too, a tranquil smile on his face. Josh reached over and traced patterns into Matt's exposed collarbone.

“Hey.” He said, his voice still croaky from sleep.

“Hey yourself. You alright?”

“I’m fine. More than fine.” Matt grinned, cuddling closer into Josh's side. “How are you, babe?”

“Great. I’m just fuckin’ hungry. Can we get something to eat?”

“Sure. What do you wanna do?” Matt asked, and Josh yawned sleepily.

“I want to make cookies. Can we do that, Matty?” Josh said, smiling along when Matt started laughing.

“Whatever you want, kiddo.” Matt got up, pulling his boxers back on and turning around to see an indignant Josh, which only made him laugh harder.

“I am not kiddo!” Josh whined, pulling on his own pyjama pants and attempting to straighten out the covers on his bed.

“I’m just teasing you, Joshy. Come on.” He held out his hand, which the other took and followed him up the stairs.

“I’m older than you anyway.”

“By a couple of months. Shh.”

Three hours and a whole bag of flour later, the couple came to the resolution that throwing cooking ingredients at each other was more fun than actually trying to make successful cookies. They were both covered head to toe in white flour and raw eggs and vanilla flavouring and Josh was pretty sure Matt had a chocolate chip in his hair but they were too dumb and too busy laughing to even care that much. An alarm from the cooker interrupted the boys making out on the kitchen floor and they broke away, Matt sitting up and Josh leaning back on his elbows because he couldn’t sit up due to the fact his boyfriend was still perched on his lap.

“Oh shit, Joshy, look.” Matt said, laughing as he looked in the window of the cooker. He scrambled to his feet, grabbing an oven glove and pulling the burnt cookies out, placing them gently on the cold stove top. Josh got to his feet too and looked at the creations. They were blue, because Josh wanted to use the food dye so they matched his hair, and there were lumps of burnt chocolate spewing out from all directions. The pair looked at each other and cracked up laughing.

“S-so...” Josh said, through more hiccups of laughter. “D’ya wanna order a pizza?”

Matt rested his head on Josh's shoulder as he laughed. “Sure.” He muttered, shaking his head. They broke apart again and Matt picked up the oven glove again, scooping the burnt cookies off the tray and onto a plate. “Let’s shower first.” He suggesting, grabbing Josh's hands again and rushing downstairs to their bathroom.

“I... I can use the main bathroom if you want.” Josh said, nervous again as he watched Matt adjust the temperature.

“Don’t be silly.” Matt said nonchalantly, removing his underwear and stepping into the shower. “C’mon.” Josh followed obediently.

At about quarter past seven, they were clean and flour-free and wrapped up in each other’s clothes – Josh in Matt's pyjama pants, Matt in Josh's too big shirt and boxers – on the sofa, waiting for a pizza to arrive. Josh had made hot chocolate and they were watching The Amazing Spiderman curled up on the sofa together. Matt's phone buzzed and he frowned, untangling himself from Josh for a moment to grab the device. It was a text from Mike.

To: Matt

You all alright? Haven’t heard from you in a while.

To: Mike