1.9

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Wednesday, 23 November
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

"I'm gonna piss myself." I said as I stood next to Mark. I looked up at the house and was anxiously waiting in the November rain for him to go inside.

"Calm down, they're excited." Mark nudged me. We walked up the stairs and to the front door, I stood practically shaking.

The door opened before Mark could even reach for it, and a woman who looked just like Mark screamed as she rushed to hug her child. I took a step away from her and she turned to me. "This is Jack?"

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Fischbach." I extended my hand and she shook it firmly. I felt good when I saw her warm inviting smile. She brought us inside and I noticed immediately how cozy the place felt. How much like a home it felt.

Mark and I stood in the doorway before he was barraged by little kids. I took a step back and watched as he picked up a small girl. "This is my niece." He explained. "Marcie this is Jack."

I gave a little wave to the frightened child but didn't try anything else. "Hey Mark, who's your friend?" I turned to see an older looking version of Mark.

"Oh this is Jack, Jack this is my brother Tom." Mark introduced us and I shook his hand. He smiled at me but gripped my hand as if he wanted to hurt me. I didn't react instead just let him take his time to pull away.

"Do you need help with your stuff?" Tom asked. "Also do you want to put Jack in the guest room?"

"Um no, I think he'll be fine in my room." Mark smiled. He looked to me for confirmation but I didn't say anything or show any sign of disagreement/agreement.

"I can carry my things." I said when Tom reached for my bag. He nodded and grabbed Mark's things and showed me to his bedroom. It was rather plain and showed no instance of someone living here. I placed my bag down and then heard Tom clear his throat.

I turned to him and he spoke to me. "Why are you here?"

"Uh.." I trailed off.

"The obvious answer is because Mark invited you, but why did he invite you?" Tom asked. I shrugged. "So you aren't.. A thing or anything?"

I was slightly surprised by the question, I didn't know that Mark was open to his family. But otherwise I didn't know how to answer the question at all. Did he want me to say yes? Yes was the correct answer but I think Mark wanted it to come from him.

"I don't know what you mean." I lied. Tom looked me up and down, maybe he knew I was lying but I sure hoped he wasn't going to call me out on it.

He left the room and I followed a short minute after. When I walked into the kitchen I found Mark sitting with both of his parents.

"Ah so this is Jack!" A burly looking man shouted as he stood up and slammed his hand down on my back. I laughed nervously and tried to go along with it. "Mark here tells me that you're from Ireland."

"That would be correct." I smiled.

"So why'd you come to The States?" He asked me.

"Ah, a change of pace I suppose. Seemed like the right thing to do." I suggested as my answer and Mark's father seemed to approve it.

"So tell me, you're a sophomore in college?" He asked and I nodded. "Ah so you've been here for a year? Have you ever celebrated Thanksgiving?"

"Yes and no," I said answering both questions. "Didn't really seem to make sense for me to celebrate Thanksgiving."

"Well now you're here to celebrate it with us." Mark's father smiled and gripped my shoulders tight. "I like this kid, he's interesting."

Well I was glad to be liked I supposed.

"Okay but I'm gonna go to my room for a minute or two with Jack. Just let us know when dinner is ready." Mark smiled to them and I followed him out of the room.

I walked into the bedroom with him and he smiled at me. "So, how is everything? Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm good." I smiled at him but it dropped slightly. "I - uh - don't think Tom likes me very much."

"Really? Why?" Mark asked as he dug through one of the many bags. I watched him chuckle as he pulled out a pastel pink pair of lace panties. He held them using his index fingers. "This is your bag I think."

"Why are you mocking me?" I sighed as he walked towards me.

"You wanna put these on for me?" He said in a low voice that made me freeze. "I think they would look great."

"Mark knock it off." I said while I felt red in the face. "We are in your parents' house, don't get any ideas."

Mark lowered his lips down to mine and I felt him chuckle before pressing them together. He pulled away and I could see his eyes scanning my face. "So, when do you want me to tell my parents?"

"Tom asked me." I said quietly. "I didn't say yes or no."

"Hm," Mark pursed his lips. "Well then maybe I should say something tonight?"

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm sure if you are." Mark cupped my face. "I wanna make sure you're comfortable before I do anything." I nodded my head. It shouldn't be bad, Mark wasn't coming out to his parents.

That was my belief, at least.

So Mark and I made our way to the dinner table and we sat next to one another. Tom and his children and wife were joining us. "So you guys room together in the dorms?" His mother asked. We both nodded. "I'm glad you get along, not every day Mark makes a friend."

"Sheesh mom.." Mark groaned.

"Jack, you must be a catch with the ladies, you're an adorable one." Mark's mother smiled at me. "Maybe you could teach Mark a few tricks on how to pick up girls because I certainly can't."

"Oh uh, I mean, I.." I trailed off, having zero clue on what to say. I turned to Mark who acted like nothing was weird.

"Honey, please." Mark's father chuckled as he put a hand on her shoulder. "Don't fluster the poor boy."

They were all engaging in conversation when I kicked Mark gently to grab his attention. He turned his head to me and I mouthed, "They don't know?"

He shrugged, he had no idea what I said. I sat back before Mark cleared his plate and his throat when he wanted to get attention. "I have something to tell you guys."

"What is it?" She asked. I looked at Mark and felt myself deeply concerned.

"So," I felt Mark grabbing hand as my heart raced. "Jack and I are dating."

"You're.. You're gay?" Mark's mother asked. Mark nodded his head. "Will you all please leave the room?"

When I went to stand she interjected. "Don't go far, Jack."

"Y-Yes ma'am." I said and left to go sit in Mark's room.

I thought they knew, I could have sworn he said that they knew. He didn't just drag up us dating but the fact that he was gay as well? He can tell me he's not gay all he wants, but not drag me into this mess. His family conflict was not my involvement.

~AN

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

YOU GUYS.

I CANNOT BELIEVE.

I posted that chapter and you ALL came OUT and WERE SO NICE TO ME. It was amazing.

I went through a really recent period in my life in which I lost quite a few friends but as I'm progressing out of this, I have come to notice how amazing you all are and wishing I never left in the first place but I am so glad to be back.

Thank you all so so so so much!

Rinny