3.6

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Mark: Saturday, 20 February
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I opened my eyes and looked down, I was relieved to see my dark blue blanket in my grip; I ran the fabric through my fingers and smiled. My t-shirt was black and when I looked up, Jack was sitting across the room sitting on his bed, a textbook open.

"Oh, you're awake." Jack smiled at me. "How do you feel?"

"Good." I said to him. I sat up and looked at him. "Are you.. Studying?"

"Yeah I have this research project due in a couple of weeks and I'm just getting a head start on it." Jack said to me.

"A..head start?" I pondered. It wasn't like Jack to get a head start on anything. Why was he all of a sudden so studious?

I looked down and noticed the white blanket in my grips, and the white shirt I was wearing. I looked at it and found myself confused. Wasn't it.. blue? And black a moment ago?

I turned my head back to Jack and found the air leave my body. "Jack what happened to your neck..?" It was bruised and looked somewhat bloody.

"You don't remember?" Jack asked. I shook my head slowly, what was I supposed to remember. "Well, when you went into that rehabilitation center, I killed myself."

"You did what?!"

"With the same rope that you tried to use. The only difference was.. I succeeded." Jack smiled something wicked and I didn't know what to say or do, I felt.. lost. Insane.

"Jack.." I mumbled.

He laughed a little and looked at me, blood spilling from his eyes.

"J-Jack!?"

"This was what you wanted, wasn't it?!" His voice almost became a shriek as he moved towards me. "You wanted me to suffer, right?! Well now in limbo I do exactly what you always wanted! Always what you wanted Mark! I did it for you, just as you wished it for me!"

"No I didn't I want to take it all back I'm sorry, Jack please!"

"You did this, Mark! This is all your fault! I even used the same rope."

I sat up with a jolt, hyperventilating and looking around me. I regained my senses, and realized that it was in my head. It was a just a dream.

The room was full of dull off-white shades. The desk has some papers and pencils/pens on it and there was a small fan that sat on the nightstand next to the light switch. The lights themselves were somewhat dim, and almost no light came through the small window with bars over it.

This, was a rehabilitation center.

Jack tried to argue with the doctors, said he would watch out for me. I suppose they didn't trust him though, I don't blame them but I also don't blame him for trying.

I wanted there to be any other circumstance, not to be here.

They didn't let Jack visit me, for whatever reason they wouldn't. I wasn't allowed to have contact with him, they labeled him the issue of my problems.

The program I was in lasted a minimum of two weeks, so at any time they could say "You're all set to go Mark." And I wanted that so badly.

I was worried my dreams were going to become a reality.

I had to get home to Jack.

Home, did I really call it that? What was my home, a dorm room?

No.. It's only home when Jack is there.

Did Jack even still want me anymore? I didn't care about Zara or anything like that. I wanted Jack still.

But what if.. that dream was real. Jack got back to the dorm, saw the mess and lost his mind?

Please, let him be okay.

Who would find Jack anyways? No one, right?

I was sitting on the bed and there was a gentle tap on the door. I got up and walked to the door, opening it a large man stood there and he said the words I was ready to here.

"All set to go, Mark?" He asked.

And I felt a wave of relief wash over me. "Yes." I replied.

I had to do too much paperwork and fill too many requirements before I ran out of the building and rushed to the dorm building. I ran up the stairs and to the room.

And then I realized, I didn't have my key.

I tapped gently on the wood. Please open the door Jack, open the door.

There was no answer.

I tapped harder this time. Jack, open the door.

No answer.

Now I pounded on the door. Open it, Jack.

No answer.

I reached down and realized the handle would move — the door was unlocked.

I was afraid of what would be inside but I didn't see Jack hanging from the ceiling and I let out a sigh of relief. I walked into the room and looked over, Jack wasn't in his bed.

Was he even still here?

I dropped my belongings on the floor and when I turned to face my bed, I saw a small Jack curled into a ball underneath the covers, pulled right up to his nose.

I crouched by the edge of the bed and looked at him, he looked so peaceful. When I reached out and touched his cheek, I noticed his facial features shift a little until his eyes opened up and he saw me.

"M-Mark?" He went wide eyed and sat up. He was looking at me with wide eyes before he jumped out of bed and latched onto me and I heard him sobbing onto my shoulder. "You're back, you're back." He breathed.

"Yeah, I'm back." I said. I held onto him tight.

"Please let this be real please.. I can't be alone anymore." Jack whispered to himself, and it twisted my heart a little to hear him. So I pulled away so I could see his face and wiped his cheeks.

"I'm real." I said. "I'm real."

AN

IM HAVING A BAD WEEK.

LIKE THIS WEEK JUST SUCKED SO BAD AND MENTALLY I AM SUFFERING AS A RESULT. Sorry, I'm alright, but I'm just not having a good time and yeah.

Rinny