2.6

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Saturday, 2 December
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

"Jack?" I couldn't really see through the headlights but when the figure moved closer to me I saw Zara standing there. "Shit, are you okay?" She looked me over and I just slowly nodded. "I'm so sorry, I almost hit you."

"It's alright," I told her. "It was my fault. I shouldn't just walk straight into traffic."

Zara looked around. "Are you out here, by yourself?"

"Ah..yep."

"Where's Mark? You two always seem to be together."

"I don't know Zara." I sighed and she gestured for me to get in the car. I complied and she drove slowly down the road, probably afraid of hitting som drunk bastard.

"Is everything okay? I feel like we never see you around anymore." Zara said.

"Mark and I aren't on the best of terms." I told her. "I don't know, we keep fighting over everything. It's stupid but we do. Felix and I don't get along either."

"Elias and I are like that right now. We can't seem to agree on anything."

"What?" That surprised me. They were always smiled and giggles every time I saw them.

"Yeah, he's got some weird thing going on for one of his classes and I guess he's just stressed." Zara shrugged. "He keeps going and getting blackout wasted, though. I don't think he's doing himself a favor. I don't know we don't spend as much time together as we used to, I don't like the parties he goes to."

I didn't say much, I didn't know what to say. I had been so wrapped up in myself that I never once sat down and acknowledged the issues my friends may be facing; what kind of friend does that make me?

"What's happening with you and Mark?"

I sighed. "I don't know it feels like we argue a lot. Over nothing I just snap very easily, which is crazy to me because I don't remember being that aggressive."

"You always have." Zara admitted. "You always had a bit of a temper and I kinda thought you were bipolar for a while."

"Being bipolar doesn't mean that I have a quick changing mood, it's over periods of time like days to a week not minute to minute." I informed her. I didn't want her jumping on the "bipolar boat" just because I was moody.

She nodded slowly. "So where now?"

"I don't know." I sighed.

"You can come back to my room." She told me and I complied.

We drove back to her dorm and when I went inside, the room was dark and there wasn't another body laying in the bed. I watched Zara walk around and rearrange some of the mess in the room.

"Where's your roommate?"

"Not here." Zara answered. "Went home for the weekend, her cat is sick." I nodded and sat down at the chair in front of Zara's desk. She sat on the edge of her bed and leaned onto her knees. "I missed you, you know."

"I didn't know."

"Well you do now."

Then the conversation dropped off until I spoke up again. "I'm sorry I've been neglecting you, I haven't been a very good friend. And frankly, I could use a good friend myself."

I stood up and walked over to where Zara was sitting, she stood too and I enveloped her in an embrace. She pulled away and we just kind of looked at each other. For some reason I thought I should turn away, but I didn't. I just looked right at her and in a moment we were kissing and I had no idea why but I kept going. Then the clothes started to come off. And suddenly I had no idea where things were going but I wasn't thinking and it all happened so suddenly and our bodies were on one another and..

Well then we both laid there. Entirely nude, breathing heavily. We just laid there.

"What just happened?" I muttered.

Zara simply shook her head, she didn't want to say the answer that would reveal the fact we were both cheaters. I couldn't imagine what brought us to that point.

"Should I leave?" I asked. "Or do you wanna talk about it?"

"The only thing I have to say is," Zara turned her head to me. "Don't mention this to anyone else."

"Yep." I nodded. "So I should leave?"

"Yeah." Zara said and I then stood, got dressed and walked out.

I headed back to my own room, when I opened the door it was dark. Of course it was. It was probably four in the morning.

Mark was laying as a lump in his bed and I moved over, as if I was gonna climb into bed with him, but then I took a step back. Stopped. And thought about it. I shook my head and climbed onto my own bed, it creaked a little. I let out a sigh and curled into a ball, I was miserable but at the same time everything had an entirely different meaning. It was playbacks to last year, this was who I was. I was back in my normal life. Only every time I glanced across the room, I felt my stomach twist.

I picked up my computer off of my desk, and went to the "housing" forums. I didn't know if me sharing a room with Mark was going to work out so I started filing the request. While looking at the send button, Mark rolled over and rubbed his tired eyes. It was now time for the sun to rise and it was glistening on his features.

I stopped, closed the computer and walked over to Mark's bed.

My mind had the memory of smoking vanish from my mind, I had done worse. I could always do worse.

Mark blinked a few times and saw me standing above me. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." I shook my head. "I just got back. I almost got hit by a car. I'm tired. I wanna apologize. I don't want you to keep smoking, I just wanna get past it. Together."

"Okay." Mark mumbled sleepily. "How are you not asleep?"

"Can I lay with you?" I asked. Mark scooted over and I slid down onto the bed. He immediately fell back asleep but I didn't. The room was no longer dark, and my head was running wild.

Running and running and running.

~AN

Hey fam what's up?

I don't know what really to say that I haven't said already. I mean I made a shit show lol. But I'm enjoying school, I'm a little lonely. I have friends and everything but I don't know someone's I just feel like I don't have anyone around, you know? I also don't have a roommate so when I'm in my room I'm always by myself so..

Rinny