3.1

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Saturday, 16 December
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

It was pretty late when I got to Mark's house. I had to run halfway down the street, but I was out of breath when I got there. I knocked my knuckles against the door and waited there probably panting. The door opened and I saw Mark there.

"Jack? What are you -"

I cut him off by pulling on his collar and slamming my lips onto his. I heard his mother disapprove slightly but I didn't care. Not one bit. "I made a mistake." I said as I pulled away.

"What's that?"

"Wesley lied to me. He had me go all the way there and his mother was fine." I shook my head sadly. "I came as fast as I could."

"I understand." Mark smiled. "So you're here? For Christmas?"

"Here for Christmas." I smiled. I felt my smile fall a little. "I do have something I want to talk to you about."

Mark nodded his head and allowed me to get out of he cold and into his warm house.

"Mr. and Mrs. Fischbach." I greeted them a smile.

"Jack." Mark's mother responded.

"C'mon." Mark said and I followed him to his bedroom. I took off my jacket and everything and sat down on Mark's bed with him.

"Please, promise me you won't be mad when I tell you?" I asked.

"I won't." Mark said.

"You've gotta promise."

"I promise."

I took a deep breath. "I saw your browser history on your computer." I said. And Mark looked a little confused by what I said. "You don't think that you're a good boyfriend? Do you honestly think that there's something wrong with you?"

Mark's face flushed and I could tell he was embarrassed. "I don't know I felt like maybe I wasn't making you happy. That perhaps you're distant because of me."

"Oh no, of course not." I shook my head. "Look, I'm sorry that I've been distant and that this hasn't been the relationship you want it to be." Mark didn't say much. "But I want to be with you."

"I want to be with you, that's why I've been trying to hard to fix things." Mark said. "But it's got nothing to do with me?"

"No of course not." I said gently as I stroked Mark's cheek. I pulled myself closer to him so my legs were lying over his. I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry I've done this to you."

"Done what?"

"Made you feel like you were a problem, like there was something wrong about you. That there was something about you that I didn't completely love." I said and me saying this made Mark's face turn red.

"There's nothing you don't..what?"

"There's not a thing I don't love about you." I said. Mark blinked a few more times. "I love you."

"I-I love you too." Mark muttered.

I leaned closer to Mark and pressed my mouth against his, he was hesitant to kiss me back for a moment, but the moment he did, everything felt like it was coming together.

I pushed Mark down on the bed, and his hands trailed up my shirt before it came off, placing my head in the crook of his neck, I began to suck gently on his skin. I could hear his reaction to it, and I pulled his shirt off of him. I think it also managed to yank his glasses off too, since they got caught on the fabric.

I felt Mark's hands at the front of my pants, waiting to take them off, I easily obliged and was left in my underwear, and I did the same to Mark. I didn't really know what we were doing, but I was definitely enjoying myself.

But when I felt his fingers at the band of my underwear I suddenly felt sick. Like I was dirty and I shouldn't be doing this. I don't know what came over me, I certainly wanted to do things with Mark. But I couldn't, I couldn't and I found myself immediately climbing off of Mark and away from him.

"What.." he muttered.

I thought of a lie, "I think I heard someone. We shouldn't be doing this here or now." I said and quickly yanked on my pants as if I really did hear someone else. Mark did the same thing but he seemed a little confused.

"I didn't hear anything." He said to me.

"Well, I did."

"Alright." Mark took a deep breath. "I trust you."

He shouldn't trust me. But I simply nodded. "I'm sorry Mark."

"If you don't want to do things with me, just say that instead of lying." Mark huffed.

"I wasn't lying I swear I was - " I was cut off by the sound of the door opening. Almost like magic. So maybe I was right after all.

Convenient enough.

"Mark, your Father and I would like to discuss something with you. Downstairs please." Mark's mother said.

I turned my head to him. He looked rather confused. "It's late mom, can't this wait?"

"I don't know Mark. I think we should discuss it sooner rather than later."

"We were gonna go to bed."

"I know that's why I came up here."

"That doesn't make sense. Just let us go to bed."

"But Mark it's about that."

"About what?"

"About you two sleeping together."

"We're adults - it's fine."

"No Mark it's not just that we - "

"I don't get it what are you even - "

"Mark just listen - "

"But you're not making any sense - "

Mark and his mother continuously cut each other off for a few minutes before she finally shouted.

"Your father and I don't approve of having Jack in this household!"

I felt my heart sink into my stomach but I'm sure it hit Mark more. He turned his head and looked at me, and then back to his mother. "Why not? He stayed for Thanksgiving."

"Yeah and that was a disaster. Mark please come have this conversation downstairs."

"No." He shook his head. "What's your problem with him?"

"It's not him. We're still not one hundred percent comfortable with you being gay yet." She replied.

"So when will you be? And how will avoiding him help you?" Mark was lashing out and I wasn't sure what to do.

"I'll leave." I spoke up. Before Mark could argue I turned to him. "It's alright, I can go. It'll be okay."

"If he leaves. I'm leaving too." Mark stood firmly beside me.

"I tried to be sensible with you Mark." His mother sighed. "Leave then."

And you could see the agony, confusion and complication swarm Mark's facial expression. He didn't know quite what to make of it. He just knew he didn't like it. So he stormed out. I stood there for a moment. Mrs. Fischbach looked at me with a heavy glare before turning on her heel and stomping out of the room, just as her son had done.

And I was left to clean up the mess.

AN:

Welp. That shit happened. Honestly I have no idea how to end this book lol. So let's keep going!

Rinny