2.7

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Mark: Wednesday, 6 December
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I noticed Jack acting a little distant, but he hadn't brought up my smoking habit in the past couple of days. I didn't know what I would have rather been forced to endure.

I was sitting inside the library, using a book to do school work.

"Hey Mark," I looked up to see Zara smiling at me. She sat down at the table and I returned her smile before going back to work. "How's it going?"

"Ah..good?" I replied. I hadn't spoke to Zara in what seemed like forever. "How are you?"

"I'm good." She smiled. "Yep, everything's going good." I nodded slowly and she didn't say anything. It was all of a sudden awkward. "So, how's you and Jack going?"

"Good." I said.

She gave an awkward nod and took a deep breath. "It's cold out, huh?"

"Well it's December."

"Yeah." Zara said. "So you and Jack?"

I put down my pen and stopped looking at my book, I raised an eyebrow to Zara. "What do you want to know?"

"I don't know last time I talked to Jack things weren't so good." Zara told me. She seemed rather nervous and I couldn't quite figure out why.

"Well I mean, we argue and everything. Jack kinda has a short-temper. So he gets upset about lots of things. But I don't know it's okay. I mean we've made it this far." I admitted strange things to Zara, things I didn't really think about. "We both have our flaws."

"Hm, so nothing really bad then?" Zara asked.

"No..? Why, what have you heard?"

"Nothing. I'll let you get back to work." Zara tapped the book in front of me and dismissed herself.

I packed up not soon after and walked out of the library, calling Jack on my cell.

"Hey Mark, what's up?"

"Are you in the dorm?" I asked.

"No, I'm in the building though." Jack responded. "Why? Did something happen?"

"I just had a strange interaction with Zara and I had a couple of questions." I said and there was a long pause. "Jack?"

"Ah.. What did she say exactly?" Jack asked. He sounded just as nervous as she did.

"Nothing important really, just something seemed off." I said. "Can you go back to our room?"

"Yeah, of course." Jack said. "I'll be back soon."

"Okay, bye." I said and hung up my phone.

I walked back to my room and when I got there, Jack was sitting on his bed, scrolling through his phone. He looked up to me and smiled. He hadn't really gave me much attention since he found out about me smoking, something was off.

"So, I was talking to Zara and she just kept asking about you but it was nothing specific. I guess it was more about us and how we were doing." I shrugged. "I don't know is everything okay with Zara?"

"Should be, she hasn't said anything to me about her."

"Well.. Are you alright?" I asked. Jack nodded his head. "Cause I think that is what this issue is all about."

"Uh.. Yeah."

"You've been acting very distant."

Jack took a deep breath. "I need to admit something to you." I felt my heart skip a beat, and I sat down next to him. I was almost certain that what was coming was nothing I wanted to hear.

"Go ahead." I said slowly.

"I think you deserve an apology because.." Jack trailed off and it looked like something changed in his facial expression. "Because I have not been easy on you, I am constantly snapping at you for things I shouldn't. And you know I don't agree with your smoking habit but there were better ways to go about it." While watching Jack, I noticed his eyes well up with tears and he took a shaky breath in.

I was suddenly alarmed and sat up straighter. "I don't know. I don't know what to say it feels like everything I do when it comes to you is wrong. I'm not.." Jack trailed off and didn't say anything else. "I don't know what else to say."

"It's okay, you've said enough." I replied. Jack looked me up and down with tears beginning to run down his cheeks. I reached out for him and held onto him, I kissed his forehead and nuzzled into him.

"Okay, now what do you want to change?" When I asked Jack thought about it.

Taking a deep breath he told me. "I don't want to argue with you as much and I don't want to feel like we're so far apart but I still want you to stop smoking."

I sighed. "I'll try. But you need to control your temper. And you know, I have a problem."

"What is it?"

"You push back on me a lot. Like I can't handle myself." I said. "Just let things work the way they're supposed to."

Jack nodded his head. "Zara really didn't say anything to you?"

"No."

"Alright." Jack took a deep breath and closed his eyes tightly.

Things felt weirder now than they did before.

"I guess this is a good as time as any to bring this up," Jack said. "Uh.. I'm going home with Wesley? For break."

"What? Why?" I tried to remained composed but I didn't want to go home without having Jack there. Neither did I want him alone with Wesley what could that possibly mean?

"It's not like that don't worry," Jack said. "Wesley's mother has cancer and I think it's important for me to see her."

"Oh.. oh I'm sorry Jack."

"It's okay but you should know that." Jack sighed. He felt distant, like that quite wasn't it. I didn't push him though, maybe that upset him but I felt like here was something missing. I reached over and placed my hand on his, I gained his attention and he was searching me as if there was something.. something, anything at all.

There was something wrong.. different. And I had no idea what to think.

~AN

Lol why is this the second time I've made Jack a cheater I just realized this.

Rinny