"Take A Bow" // Jughead Jones {REQUESTED}

Dedicated to: Kya

You and Jughead have been inseparable since you were both little. The both of you would hang out every weekend and be study partners during the week if there were any tests or quizzes coming up. As you both started getting older, your bond with Jughead has grown stronger, and to Jughead, you were the only one that understood him besides his other best friend, Archie Andrews, who so happens to be your older brother. It wasn't until freshman year at Riverdale that you started having feelings for Jughead. You've been realizing that after years of knowing and growing with him that he's been making you happy in many ways. People in your year at Riverdale can see the love that you have for Jughead. You wanted to tell him that you had a crush on him, but have been too nervous. That was when Veronica had to step in and give you advice.

"Telling Jughead how you feel is such a great thing to do, Kya! Why are you nervous?" she asks you. "I'm not sure how he'll react. After all, he IS my brother's best friend," you said. "You just got to breathe. Why don't you invite him to Pop's tonight and tell him then?" she asks as you looked at her wide-eyed. "Tonight? At Pop's?" you asked as she nodded. "Well, it's one way to break the ice," she said as you nodded. "True. Thanks, Veronica," you softly said. "Anything for Archie Andrews' little sister. I got to head to chemistry. See you at lunch!" Veronica said as she gave you a small wave. As you were heading to class, you saw Jughead.

"Jughead!"

As soon as he heard you, he turned around as you caught up to him. "Oh, hey, Kya, what's up?" he asked you with a smile. "Not much. Hey, I was wondering if you can meet up with me at Pop's tonight? I have to tell you something," you said. "Yeah, of course. Meet me there at five o'clock," he said. "Alright, great, see you then," you said. As five o'clock came around, Jughead walked in as you gave a small smile. "Thanks for meeting me here, Jug," you said as he nodded.

"It's not a problem. Let's order a milkshake, shall we?"

You nodded as you ordered a chocolate milkshake as Jughead ordered a vanilla milkshake. You both talked a bit until your drinks came. "So, what did you want to talk to me about, Kya?" Jughead asks as he took a sip of his drink. After you took a sip of yours, you took a deep breath.

"I know that you're close friends with Archie, but please hear me out. Ever since we were little, the both of us would hang out every weekend, and even study together during the week when necessary. As we got older, our bond became a lot stronger than it was. When I was in 9th grade, I felt something, something that I'd never thought I'd feel, but it was a good feeling overall. I've realized how happy you've made me in various ways. After knowing you for so long, that was when I knew I felt something... I have a crush on you, Jughead."

Jughead sighed as he looked at his fingers. "Jughead, please say something," you said. He then looked into your eyes and took your hands in his.

"Kya, I thank you for telling me how you feel about me. I appreciate that a whole lot, but the thing is, I'm in love with Betty. Ever since we started getting to know each other, my feelings for her were, and still are, rather strong. As for you, I see you more as a sister than something more than that. I am sorry, Kya."

Your heart shattered when Jughead told you he had feelings for someone else, but you understood and accepted it. "Don't be sorry, I understand," you said as he nodded. Once you finished your milkshakes, Jughead spoke up. "Need a walk home?" he asked. "I would love that," you said softly with a smile. After Jughead paid, he took you home.