"The Speed Of Sound" // Archie Andrews {REQUESTED}

Dedicated to: Karla

It was the night of homecoming, and you decided to go with your friends since you didn't have a date. For the night's event, you wore a very pretty dress along with your hair loosely curled. You took a look in the mirror one last time before going downstairs. Once you were satisfied, you smiled and went down to the living room, where your mother had tears of joy stream down her cheeks as she looked at the sight of how beautiful you were. After she took pictures of you in your dress, your friends had arrived. "Have fun!" your mother said. "Thanks," you replied. At the dance, you went to the punch bowl to get some punch.

"Hey, Karla, you look fabulous!"

Once you heard a familiar voice, you smiled. "Thanks, Kevin, you look handsome," you said as you took a sip of your punch. "Who did you come here with?" he asked. "I just came here with a couple of friends. I assume you're here with Joaquin?" you asked. "Yeah," Kevin replied. You nodded as Joaquin came back. "It was nice talking to you, Karla. If anything, you know where to find me," he said as you both waved. "Looking great, Karla," Joaquin said as he walked away while you smiled. At the corner of your eye, you saw your crush, Archie, walk in with your two best friends, Betty and Veronica. The both of them walked over to you as Archie went elsewhere. "Karla, you look so beautiful," Betty said as you gave her and Veronica a big hug. "Thanks, you guys don't look bad yourselves," you replied. All three of you talked for a while until you seen Archie talking to Miss Grundy, the music teacher at Riverdale High. After knowing about what happened on the fourth of July, you couldn't handle the pressure of seeing your crush talking and having an interest in a music teacher. You decided to walk out of the auditorium as footsteps trailed after you.

"Karla!"

You turned around after your name was called, and there stood Archie in a suit and bowtie. "What, Archie?" you asked angrily. "Whatever you saw, it's not what it looks like," Archie said. "I think it is!" you shouted. You both argued back and forth until someone caught you.

"That's enough, you two!"

You looked as Archie turned around to see who it was. It was Jughead, Archie's best friend. "I think this night is over. Come on, Karla, let's go to Pop's," Jughead said as he took you there. While you and Jughead were at Pop's, the both of you had a talk. As you were having this talk, the unthinkable happened. As Jughead looked at you, he leaned in and planted a firm kiss on your lips. Even though it was wrong since you had a major crush on Archie, you kissed back, which later turned into a makeout session. Just then, a familiar voice spoke up.

"What the heck, Jughead?!"

You and Jughead stopped kissing as you both looked at Archie. "Archie, listen, I didn't mean for this to happen," Jughead said. After a moment or two, they started to bicker. This was when you had enough. "Alright, that's enough! Jughead, thanks for the talk, but I think I'm going to take Archie home. See you at school on Monday," you said as you took Archie's hand and went to his house. While being there, you both ended up having a talk. After, you both ended up cuddling with each other. Moments of silence have passed, and Archie spoke up. "Karla, may I ask you something?" he asked. "Of course," you said. "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked with a smile. This caused you to smile back. "I would love to," you said. He kissed your head and you both fell asleep in each other's arms.