"On My Mind" // Reggie Mantle {REQUESTED}

Dedicated to: Emily

You've had a crush on Reggie Mantle ever since the 7th grade. Whenever you're around him, you feel nothing but butterflies and a tint of red plastered onto your cheeks. The problem was that you weren't sure if he liked you back. You were nervous because you thought he might have a thing for someone else and he only considered you as one of his good friends. This had been in your mind for most of the school day. When outside during your lunch period, you've sat down with your best friends, Veronica and Betty. "Hey Betty, hey Veronica," you said. "Hey there, Emily," Betty said. You took a deep breath as nervousness took over you.

"Emily, are you okay? What's going on? You seem nervous."

Once Veronica asked this, you sighed. "It's just that I've been thinking about Reggie all day, and I'm quite nervous to know if he likes me or not. So far, I've only thought about him maybe falling for someone else and having him consider me as a friend still."

Veronica and Betty looked at each other and looked at you as you ate in silence. Moments later, Betty spoke up. "Maybe he does like you, Emily. Reggie'll come around, I'm sure of it," Betty said. "You think so?" you asked as Betty nodded. "I'm positive. It just takes time," she replied. "Thanks," you said with a soft smile. The bell rang as people got up. "If anything, text us. See you later, Emily," Veronica said. "See you later, guys," you replied. As you were walking to English, Reggie called you. "Emily!" he shouted as he ran up to you. "Hey, Reggie, what's up?" you asked as the butterflies came back. "Not much. Hey, do you have a minute?" he asked. "Of course," you replied. He took a deep breath. "Listen, I've been thinking about you for quite some time now, and every time I think about you or if any of the guys mention you, I can't help but smile. Emily, would you do the honors of becoming my girlfriend?" he asked. This caused you to smile. "I would love to, Reggie," you said. With this, Reggie smiled and gave you a big hug. "Wonderful. I'll see you after school," he said as he kissed your cheek. You couldn't wait to tell Veronica and Betty the great news.