"Because Of You" // Polly Cooper and Jason Blossom [Future] {REQUESTED}

Dedicated to: Merlijn

You are the teenage daughter of Polly Cooper and the late Jason Blossom. Before you were born, Polly and Jason have done almost everything together. They were also engaged at one point in their lives. It was a normal Friday afternoon, and you just came home from another long day of school. "Mom, I'm home!" you shouted. "Hello, dear, how was school?" she asked. "Tiring, but good," you told her. You went upstairs and took a nice, warm shower. After, you put on a pair of pajama shorts and a t-shirt to go with it. For a while, you've been wanting to know what Jason was like before you were born into the world years ago. At dinner, a comfortable silence filled the room. Moments later, you spoke up.

"Mom, I want to know more about dad. Do you mind telling me about him?"

Polly looked at you with soft eyes as they glistened. "You want to know more about your father?" she asked. You nodded as a soft smile rose while she softly smiled back.

"How long have you been wanting to know?"

"I've thought about it for a while now. Did I ask too soon?"

"No, not at all."

Polly had talked to you about everything you needed to know about Jason. Just then, you asked your mother something that you'd never thought you'd ask in over a million years.

"So, if something bad happened to dad and he's gone, why is my name 'Merlijn Blossom' instead of 'Merlijn Cooper'?"

Polly sighed and put your hands in hers. "So this way he would never be forgotten, sweetheart. If I were to give you my last name, you wouldn't have known. Your father would've wanted you to remember him," she explained as you nodded. "Thanks for telling me about dad. I wish he was here," you said as you hugged Polly. "Me too, honey, me too," she said. You both hugged for a while in comfortable silence. Now that you knew more about Jason, you started to wish that you've met him since you thought about how amazing of a guy he was.