¤Six¤

Jax and Opie brought me to the clubhouse and told me I would be safer here. I didn't disagree one bit. An older woman walked in with heels, jeans, a tank top and a leather jacket on. Her hair was dark and had blonde streaks through it. She stopped in her tracks when she saw me sitting at the bar. She put her hand on her hip As she approached me.

"Are you more collateral damage?" Her attitude was very stern and rude.

"Do i have a bullet in my head?" She raised her eyebrows at me and I smirked. "Then I'm not collateral damage." I said with a smile.

Jax came out of the meeting room with the other club members. He quickly walked over when he noticed this woman was interogating me like a cop.

"Melody this is Gemma," he paused and looked at her. "She's my mother." I raised my eyebrows and looked her up and down.

"That makes sense," I said with a chuckle.

"How is that funny?" She asked scoffing a bit.

"He's got your cocky attitude."

"Hey now, I do not." Jax said defending himself.

"Face it sweetheart, you're more like me than you think." she said nudging Jackson.

"She's here because shit went down at her house. Long story short she beat the shit out of her moms ol'man with a baseball bat and got him arrested now the Mayans are out to kill her." Jax said and it kinda shrugged as his mom rolled her eyes.

"Can you cook?" Gemma asked me.

"Yes ma'am."

"Good come with me You're gonna help make dinner for these hooligans tonight." Gemma smiled at me and I gladly got up to follow her. I was still unsure of Jackson's mom but ill still respect her because she is his mother.

***

As Gemma and I set the table the boys started to arrive. First to arrive was Tig and then Happy. Tig eye fucked me from across the table and it made me want to vomit. Juice and Bobby were the next to arrive, both greeted Gemma and I with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Then Chibs arrived bringing along a store bought apple pie. Opie came strolling in not looking so happy. He walked up to greet Gemma then grabbed a hold of my elbow tugging me into the kitchen. He nodded to Gemma for her to follow.

"Jax is gonna be late," Ope said in a low voice.

"What the fuck for?" Gemma barked.

I stayed silent and Gemma crossed her arms. Opie bit the inside of his cheek then smoothed out his beard. You could see him racking up the right choice of words not wanting to set Gemma off. But by his stance I could tell it wouldn't matter what he said.

"He got a lead on the Mayans Charlie was associated with and he took the chance while he had it." Opie took a step back as if he was waiting for Gemma to swing at him.

Instead of punching Opie she turned to me and wrapped her hand around my throat pinning me against the wall. She looked at me anger filling her eyes.

"If my son goes to jail taking care of your family business you'll be that collateral damage we were talking about earlier." her grip tightened on my throat and I tried to nod. The sadistic part of it all I wasn't scared. I was humored at the fact she thought she could intimidate me.

The door to Gemma's house opened and Jax came through. Blood spattered his face and his shirt. He made eye contact with me as Gemma slowly released my throat and made his way back to the bathroom.

"Fuck you," I whispered into Gemmas ear as I pushed past her and made my way back to the bathroom.

The door was closed and I swung it open to Jax standing over the sink washing the blood off his body. He looked completely unphased and that put fear into me. I slowly stepped forward far enough I could see his face. His face emotionless and no longer bloody. He was untouched not a single scratch on him and it was amazing.

"Are you going to gawk at me all night?" he said turning on his Teller charm.

"I like to call it gazing," I said smiling a bit.

"I like to call it creepy." He chuckled smoothing out his beard as he slipped on a purple SAMCRO t-shirt.

"I like to call it romantic." I said with a smirk.

He tisked me and placed a kiss on my forehead. As I looked down I remembered the point of me following him into the bathroom. The bloody cut hung on the back of the bathroom door.

"Who did you kill?" I asked quietly.

"Charlies connection. He has nothing for when he get out now." I was kind of surprised he didn't try to lie.

"Well that's blunt." I said with a smart ass tone.

"Well there is no use in lying because you're not a stupid girl. There's only two ways to go about this I either tell you nothing or I tell you everything. You've already been dragged into my shitty lifestyle so you might as well take the truth for what it is." he shrugged and left the bathroom.

I stayed back for a moment trying to process what I was getting myself into. My brain went into override and my appetite was gone. I grabbed a wash cloth and wet it with soap and water. I rung it out and wiped down Jacksons cut.  I gathered his bloody clothes spot treating them with resolve and the tougher ones with dawn dishsoap and I took the load to the washer.

I sat at the table and everyone looked at me. I kept my eyes low and gathered a small plate. I picked at it for a moment and then started to eat.

"You okay?" Gemma asked quietly.

"Yes I'm fine, thanks." I replied with a fake smile.

I wasn't fine I had no idea what the fuck I was doing or getting myself into.