¤Seven¤

By the time i'd fallen asleep the sun started rising. I knew I didn't sleep long when I heard Jax's prepaid cellphone buzzing and ringing on the bedside table. He turned onto his side reaching over me to grab his phone. His bicept was centimeters from my face. So in my wake and sleep deprivation I bit his arm gently.

"Hey now," the rasp and depth of his morning voice put a smile on my face.

He gave in and just took his phone flipping through the missed calls and texts. His brow furrowed as he looked at his phone. I rubbed my eyes then rolled over putting my head on his chest. He drapped an arm around me and looked at me with the same furrowed brow on his face.

"Mm what's wrong?" I mumbled as I looked up at him.

***
Jax's POV:

As I looked down into her piercing hazel eyes that were dreadfully tired I debated on lying to her. I got a text from Tara in the middle of the night asking me to meet up with her. She had something to tell me about the baby. It was something I didn't know how to bring up to a girl I've only known for 2 weeks or so. Taras only 10 weeks along so I can't imagine what she has to tell me.

But as I looked at melody with her tan skin, freckles danced across her face. Her head on my chest and her black hair going everywhere, I didn't have it in me to make her move. I slid my finger beneath her chin lifting her head and kissed her lips. Her kisses were always soft and sweet.

"We need to have a serious conversation," I said quietly to her as I kissed her nose.

She looked nervous automatically and pulled her head away from my chest. I didn't want her to move and I frowned a bit. But I sat up a bit more and looked at her. I grabbed her hands and looked her in the eyes.

"What's going on?" She said softly as her pupils dialated.

"There's something about Tara I didn't tell you." I said looking down a bit.

"So?" She was eager to hear my reply even though I feel like she had an idea of what I was going to say. Most women tend to have that luxury that's why there isn't any use in lying.

"She's 10 weeks pregnant with my kid and that's why she was calling me because somethings going on." I looked her in the eyes waiting to see rage fill them but it didn't.

"So get dressed and lets go to the hospital."

I just looked at her baffled. Most women would get upset with me or yell at me and she didn't. She leaned forward and kissed my forehead resting her hands on my cheeks brushing her soft thumbs over my beard.

She made my heart race and i haven't felt that in a long time. I could tell I was gaining feelings for her and it scared me.

A/n
Sorry for the short chapter but I wanna give a shoutout to DARYLDIXON11405 for getting me to enter the hidden gems awards