¤Nine¤

Jax called Tara as we were making our way to Gemma's. I answered and she asked if Jax could come to the hospital. I told him where to go at the next stop light and he nodded.

As we arrived at St. Thomas hospital Gemma greeted us outside. She was standing outside smoking a cigarette. She looked at me and raised her eyebrows noticing that I had Jackson's clothes on then turned to Jax.

"She's in room 215 sweetie, melody should stay out here with me for a few." Gemma suggested to Jax.

"No she can come inside with me," Jax took my hand and pulled me inside with him.

"Oh okay," I said lowly as he tugged me through the doors.

"I don't really wanna come outside to see her choking you like she did at dinner the other night." Jax looked out of the corner of his eye as he walked down the hallway.

We reached room 215 and went inside. Tara looked a hot mess and mascara stained her cheeks. Jax walked over to her as she looked up and saw me. Disgust automatically washed over her features.

"Why did you bring that thing with you?" Tara said turning her nose up.

"First off I'm not a-" Jax cut me off.

"Because I can, now can you tell me what's going on?" He asked remaining calm.

"Sure, as soon as she leaves the room." Tara said nodding towards me. I rolled my eyes and just as I was about to leave the room Jax spoke up.

"Whatever you have to tell me, you can say it in front of her." He said in a low booming voice.

The nurse came into the room and brought a baby Doppler with her.

"Were going to try to find a heartbeat with this," the nurse sat down and turned the doppler on. She moved it across tara's stomach and nothing was heard. The nurse sighed and put jelly on her stomach. As she moved the ultra sound wand around she tried to find a heartbeat as well. Nothing came up again and Tara started crying again.

"I'm sorry Ms. Teller but you've lost the baby." The nurse was very softspoken about it.

"No. No. NO." Tara started screaming and Jax just sat there. His face looked emotionless at first and I froze. I saw the tears well up in his eyes and I started to move forward. Just before I got to him he got up and walked out of the room. The door slammed behind him. I placed my hand on tara's and she looked at me.

"You don't deserve this," I whispered to her.

I turned on my heel and walked out of the room. I walked down the hall searching for him. I could see he wasn't in the waiting room ahead. I looked to my left and saw him in the hospitals little chapel room. I walked in, for the door was already open. I was quiet and I could hear his sobs. A lump in my throat formed as I approached him.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and he moved away.

"Please don't," he begged through his sobs.

"No," I said quietly sitting beside him and wrapping my arms around him. As soon as I did he was like a child he wrapped his arms around my waist and slid off the bench resting his head on my chest. With every sob my heart shattered. This man that's helped me for the last 2 weeks of my life. Who seemed so strong, just fell to pieces and I don't know how to handle that.

"Please don't ever leave," I heard him mumble as he sniffled.

"I won't baby, I won't." I whispered back to him. I kissed his forehead and picked him up off the floor.

And there I was picking up the pieces of the wreckage she left behind.