•Twenty•

"Mel, you can't keep sitting here. You gotta go home and get some sleep, ya know eat something?" Juice said in a soft voice. I knew he was right but I didn't want to leave Jackson's side. I just looked at Juice and back to Jax and shook my head. Juice sighed and sat down.

"I won't leave until he wakes up. I'm not giving up on him Juice." I said, my voice breaking.

"I know Mel," he nodded and went back to watching the tv.

I squeezed Jax's hand and laid my head onto his chest. Even though it wasn't a comfortable position I stayed there. I kept my eyes closed, I couldn't stand seeing that tube down his throat even though it's the only thing keeping him alive. The longer I sat there the more I could feel myself drifting off. But that didn't last when I could hear the click of heels in the hall. I could already tell who it was and I sat up.

"Where's the doctor?" Gemma asked as she walked through the door way.

"They said," I was cut off.

"I don't care what they said I want to know why they aren't doing anything." She cut me off. I stood up from where I was sitting and looked at her.

"The doctors said," she tried to cut me off one more time and I lost it. "SHUT THE FUCK UP GEMMA!" I yelled and she froze where she stood.

"The doctors said him waking up depends on if he wants too or not. He has to want to live," my head dropped down and I took a deep breath as tears came to my eyes. Gemma didn't say another word as she walked over to Jax and kissed his forehead. But then I could hear her voice break as she tried to speak.

"You have to fight this hunny, Abel and Thomas need you." That's all she could say before see convulsed with sobs.

I squeezed his hand one last time before I stood up. I leaned forward and gently kissed his lips.

"I have to go now Jax, when I come back I need you to be awake," I whispered to him as tears streamed down my cheeks. I hugged Gemma and left the room. I started to walk out of the building and my chest felt heavy. I didn't want to leave but I knew Juice was right. Slowly but surely I put one foot in front of the other.