Keeping Secrets

(Silver's POV)

It's been weird lately, a lot of people have been paranoid. More deaths have happened and people started to go missing. I was starting to get scared. It was getting closer and closer to school. Shadow and Mephiles didn't talk anymore, or at least rarely. Mephiles started getting more protective over me. Shadow was still weak, and she seemed different. She was different.. She's been like this ever since Sonic went missing..

Mephiles said he hasn't seen him since they were at my house. And I can't remember what happened. I think something happened, and I fainted? I honestly can't remember. Mephiles told me Sonic ran out, and they haven't been able to find him.

It's been almost a week since then. Mephiles refused to let me come over. Saying it wasn't safe to stay at his house.. What did that mean?... I couldn't tell if he was telling the truth anymore. He was distant, yet protective.. Can I even trust him anymore?

He was driving me home from school today, and I had to ask him. I know he's hiding something from me.

"Mephiles... I know you know something... I know you're lying... What really happened? What happened to Sonic...?" Mephiles just stared at the road, pulling up to the house. He never let go of the wheel and stared out the window.

"Why would I lie to you?... I have no reason to, since Sonic is your bestfriend..." I notice he was shaking slightly. " He is my sister's boyfriend.. I care deeply about his safety... But..." I swear I saw him cry before he turned away. " I don't know where he is..." I sighed, as this must of really hurt them too. I tried to reach out to him, but he got out of the car, walking around to open my door. I sighed and got out. Before he could walk away, I threw my arms around him, no matter how cold he was.

"Mephiles... If there's anything you need to talk about, you know i'm here... Sonic's like a brother too me, I.... I just hope he's okay." Mephiles only wrapped his arms around me, not making a sound. I hope he know's I love him. That I would hate for anything to happen to him. Mephiles kissed my forehead, and waited till I got inside before he left.

I just sat with the new channel on as I did my homework. I was hoping that something about Sonic would have come up by now, but I was kinda glad nothing did. It either meant he was alive or...

I just wanted this to be over with, and waited for my parents daily call. They were never home really, since they had a lot of business work elsewhere. I decided to use this time to look around on google. I had a strange feeling to look up things with ice cold skin, and weird eye tricks. Slowly, I was starting to look up people that never ate, and ageless people.

The same thing kept coming up, and it scared me... Vampires. They can't exist, can they...? I'm slowly realizing how the twins had similar things in common. Multiple times I noticed the twins eyes changing. They would glow or turn into slits. Or how cold their skin was to the touch. They... This can't be, can it...? Mephiles... And Shadow are vampires, but they don't exist.

With these murders and disappearances, it kinda helps explains how. The murders found the bodies with every single drop of blood gone, nothing human-like can do that. D-Did... I-Is this what Mephiles is keeping from me? D-Did they kill Sonic?

(Mephiles' POV)
I hate lying to Silver, but it was the only way to protect her. I can't tell her of Sonic's death yet. A week has gone by and yet Sonic has not woke up. He's been patched up and has ton of venom in him. But no chaotic heartbeat. I was starting to fear Sonic was... gone.

All I could do was watch my sister starve herself, waiting for Sonic to come back. I couldn't feel their connection anymore. It was fading away. I guess Sonic couldn't handle the transformation, and Shadow was 'killing' herself because of it.