Chapter 9- The Promise

-Torii's POV-

I've been going out with Wes for a little over a month now. Since the day at the mall, there has been rumors and stuff about him having a girlfriend but nobody knows who I am. Well except for our little circle of friends and my mom. When I told her she didn't believe me. I had to FaceTime him with her in the room so that she could see. The rest of family doesn't even know that I'm friends with him, let alone going out with him. The thought of me even knowing Emblem3 is still mind blowing. Today is my little cousin's birthday party and unfortunately I have to go. The good part is that I get to go to the movies with Wes beforehand. My mom said that I could just meet her at my aunt's house after the movie.

-----------------------------

Once we found a place to park around the corner from my aunt's house, I got a little nervous. I got out and leaned against the car, dreading the moment I had to walk into that party. Wes walked around and stood in front of me.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he slid his hands into mine.

"I don't want to go in theeere" I whined.

"Why not?"

"Because my family is kind of annoying and every time there's someone I like or something, he always ends up liking one of my cousins" I said all in one breath. It was true, my cousins are all skinnier and prettier than me so pretty much any guy that I had around, ended up with one of them.

He chuckled and said " Babe it's alright. No matter what, you're the one I came with and you're the one I'm staying with"

I smiled and pecked him on the lips.

"Come on"

He held my hand as we walked towards the entrance. Even though his hands were rough from all the years of playing guitar, they were also soothing. I calmed down a little just by having my hand in his.

As we walked through greeting everyone, my cousins came up to us. The ones that just so happen to be some of the skankiest people I know. Janell and Ana.

"Victoriaaaa!" I groaned but smiled and said hello. I heard Wes laugh a little as I did that.

I introduced him and of course the flirting began.

"So how old are you?" Ana asked as she bit her lip, attempting to be seductive but failing miserably.

"Uh I'm 19" he smiled, being polite.

"Oh so you're really close to my age" Janell smiled with pure lust in her eyes. "I just turned 20"

"And I'm about to be 18" Ana butted in.

"That's cool" He sounded kind of uncomfortable plus I was already tired of them so I decided to jump in.

"We have to go finish saying hi so" I trailed off as I started walking backwards, pulling Wes along with me.

About an hour had passed and we were sitting down at one of the tables with my guy cousins, Lalo, Joey, and Tom. They all got along with Wes really easily.

"Wow, this doesn't seem like a kids party at all" Wes said kind of surprised.

"Yeah typical Mexican party. Alcohol, Food, and loud music!"

"That's so stereotypical Tom" I rolled my eyes

"But it is a typical family party for us" Joey laughed.

"True" we all agreed and Wes just laughed. That's when my aunt came up to our table.

"Mija i'd hate to bother you but can you please go to the store for me?"