Chapter 12- Beach Day!

Today I was going to the beach with the whole group. We haven't spent that much time together in a while so we thought a beach day would be perfect. I looked at my phone to see a message from Sara.

'Hey, I'm ready(:'

I told her to text me when she was ready to go because I was going to pick her up. I texted her back saying that I was on my way. I grabbed my bag, stuffed my keys, clutch, and earphones inside. I walked down to the front door and yelled goodbye to my mom before heading to my car. After I picked up Sara, we stopped at the store so that we could get some snacks and drinks. Once we got to the beach I walked up to the spot where Luis, and Karla were sitting, with Jaay standing by them.

"hey guys" I said excitedly.

They all chorused their hellos as I approached them. Luis came up behind me and wrapped his arms loosely around my neck.

"So, are we gonna stand here all day or are we gonna get in the water?" He asked removing his arms from me. I took off my tank top, leaving me in shorts and the top to one of those 50's bathing suits. I ran after Jaay towards the water. Luis and Sara decided to wait for Niki and Lexxy, and Karla just didn't feel like getting in the water so it was just me and Jaay. Once I caught up to him, I tackled him into the water. He came back up for air and turned towards me. I couldn't stop laughing until I felt myself being pulled underwater. Now it was his turn to laugh.

-Luis' POV-

After Torii went into the water I sat down with Karla. I watched Jaay and Torii play around for a while until Karla called my name.

"Still into her huh?"

"What? No" I thought about it for a second.

"You don't gotta lieee" She smirked.

"Everybody could see it. Well except her. She's completely oblivious to everything."

I smiled knowing that was true. You could drop obvious hints of liking her and she still wouldn't know. But that's one of the things I liked about her. She has this innocent part of her that most girls at our school don't have. I know I shouldn't be thinking of stuff like this because she has Wesley and I have Jennifer. The only reason I haven't broken up with her is because she distracts me when I'm alone and thinking about Torii. I know she's cheating on me but at this point I really don't care. I decided to go out to the water so I took off my shirt and ran towards Jaay and Torii.

We splashed around in the water for a bit until we got hungry. We walked back to our spot and dried off. Torii threw her tank top back on while I asked the others if they were hungry too. They all said yes so Torii and I walked down the street until we seen a little burger stand. We ordered seven burgers, seven fries, and seven drinks. While we waited, we found a little table and sat down.

"So how's it goin'?" She asked me as I fiddled with the receipt in my hands.

"Um good good" I replied. when I looked up at her she had her "I know you're lying" face on. I sighed and said, "Ok not that great."

"What's up?"

"Well there's this girl that I really like." I trailed off.

"aaaand?"

"aaand I can't have her."

"Why not?"

"Because she doesn't like me."

"What? That's crazy. All the girls like you, I mean what's not to like?" She laughed.

"Yeah well I know for a fact she doesn't like me. Plus she has a boyfriend."