Chapter Seventeen: The Great Escape

Pierre

I lied on the worn-out couch inside this small abandoned house beside the unused railway near the small village here, as I studied Justin’s life, including his family, where he studied and his businesses around the world. This place is quiet and full of empty fields, an express highway lies East of the place and small road on the West part of it. There are only a few people that comes here, but also, there are a few houses at the end of the railway.

I got up from my seat and admired the sun outside, I stared at the fast-moving cars and trucks at the express way and watched the small Filipino vehicle called tricycle move slowly on the small road. I wonder what Dana would think if I bring her here with me someday. I really love her and I would do anything to make her happy. She always loved quiet and peaceful places, so I bet she would love it here.

A little boy was running along the deep buried rails and along rocky road when he saw me. A few seconds later another boy went towards him. “Oi, tingnan mo! May Amerikano dun oh! Ano kaya ginagawa niya? Mukha siyang malungkot.” The boy said. What the hell I need to google those words later.

Oo na! Tara na nga, kanina pa tayo hinahanap ni ate!” The second boy scolded the little dude. I smiled at them, even though, they seem like they always quarrel, I could still see their good relationship with one another.

I quickly googled the words that the first boy said.

Ngitnan mo! May Amerikano dewn. Ano kiya gienagawa niya? Muka shang malukot.

Did you mean Tingnan mo! May Amerikano dun. Ano kaya ginagawa niya? Mukha siyang malungkot?Google suggested.

My cheeks heated up in shame and I just clicked the suggested words.

English: Hey, look! There’s an American there. What do you think is he doing? He looks sad.

Oh, so the boy thought I was American?

OK, OK. Enough of that. I have to check Justin up. He’s been asleep for a few hours now I think he needs to eat.

I may want revenge, but that doesn’t mean I’ve changed. I’m only angry and hurt, but not lik always, I don’t think this anger I have for Justin would just go away that easily and I don’t think that this pain I am carrying would go away anytime soon, either.

I took a plate from the wood countertop and placed some food on in—fried fish and rice, that’s what they usually eat here, I think. I opened the lock in Justin’s room and saw the cuts and bruises that I’ve made on his face. God, I am such a monster, I can’t believe I have done that.

I walked closer to him and brought the plate down before I clenched my jaws and fists tightly. “I’m sorry, I had to do this to you, Justin. I was just angry. Don’t worry, I’ll let you leave next week. I just wanted you to realise how bad the things you’ve done are,” I whispered to him.

Tears started to fall from my eyes when I looked at him and remembered my poor father. I have the right to be angry, but I had no right to become a monster like anyone. I wasn’t serious when I told him I wanted him to suffer. Lars asked me to kill him and he’ll pay me money to pay my boss and save Dana, but I guess I can’t do that. Maybe I can find another job or just take Dana with me to another country, so we can get away from my devil of a boss and Lars, especially..that mafian guy.

I shaked Justin until he finally woke up. “Hey, Bieber, here’s your food.” I pretended to be harsh, like the other time.

Bieber, being the stubborn guy he is said, “I don’t want to eat.”