Chapter Twenty-Two: I Love You,

Chapter Twenty-Two:

Justin

Oh, my goodness! I survived!

I survived seven hours of waiting. Didn’t expect that.

You waited for seven years didb’t you? How come you wouldn’t survive seven hours? I thought, but ignored it.

I thought I would break down or something. I lifted myself off of the couch of the hospital’s waiting area and saw a little boy looking at me weirdly.

And of course, I stared at him weirdly, too.

“Argh,” I groaned as I stretched my back like an old man. “Damn this hurts. I feel like my virgin back just survived his first sex.”

“Justin,” George tapped my shoulder. “Dana already came out of the operating room while you were asleep and I didn’t wake you up, because I know you’re tired.”

“What the heck?! You should have woken me up! How’s Dana?” I protested.

“She’s . . . ugh,” I gulped. “The operation is. . .”

“What?” I shaked his shoulders with my eyes wide open.

“The operation is successful!” I smiled wildly.

Dana survived the operation! I can’t decide on whether I should cry or should I be happy. So I did the worst thing I could do—I cried.

“Don’t cry, Justin.” He laughed and I glared at him.

“How come the doctor didn’t talk to me?” I complained, frowning.

“Because, you were sleeping—duh. How can he talk to a sleeping madman?”

“You should’ve woken me up!” I whined.

“Ha, as if you would wake up without killing all of us first.” It was true, though.

“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes.

Then, Steven ran to us. But, George didn’t see him so he kept on talking. “I have a question, Justin.”

“What?”

“Are you gay?” I glared at him as I saw Steven freeze at his weird question. “Ugh, ignore that. It’s so impossible. Meet me at room 420.”

He turned around and was shocked to see Steven. “Oh, hey Stee. Where have you been?”

“I w-went out for a-a walk. Yeah, a walk.” He laughed nervously and we both gave him a weird look.

“Oh, well, meet me at room 420 you two.”

As we followed George to Dana’s room, Steven keeps acting weirdly and he looks nervous. . . and sweaty?

“Stee, are you OK?” I ask.

“U-ugh, yeah. I’m good, nothing’s wrong. I’m perfectly fine! Why would you ask that?” He lied.

“Stee, you’re lying.”

“Am not!” He kept going, but I insist to know.

“Stee, you can tell me anything.” I emphasized the word anything for him.

“Anything?”

“Yup, anything.”

I can judge that he is sad, happy and nervous at the same time by the looks on his face. I could tell that he wants to frown, but also scream and smile at the same time. The mixed emotions on his face is confusing, really.