TWENTY-ONE

DEDICATED to: everyone who has been with me since the prologue. Especially the people that have been voting for every chapter. I say this all the time but it really means a lot to me and no words can describe how thankful I am that you've helped me achieve over 200 reads on 09/05/2017. Once again, thank you and I love you so much.

-

Don't want to close my eyes

I groaned and even though my eyes were closed, I could feel it twitching as I was being pulled out from my slumber. But I didn't want to get up. Not when my head is pounding and my eyes feel like they were sewn shut from the tears from last night.

Moving my head to the edge of the pillow, I covered my ears with the pillow and kicked Naomi's leg so that she'd wake up and switch off my alarm. Why was it even on in the first place?

I don't want to fall asleep

"Shut it off or I'll kill you." Ignoring her grumbles, I continue to kick the back of her leg but stopped when she slapped me hard in the face. I didn't know how hard she was slapping me yesterday but the numbness I felt on my cheeks was definitely not from the one she gave me just now. "Em, I swear to god. Off it."

"You switch it off." Tugging the blanket that we were sharing over, I kicked her one last time and moved to the edge of the bed before she could smash my face in with a pillow.

Cause I'd miss you baby

"Emily Lee." Her low snarl made my eyes snapped open and as though the bed was on fire, I jumped up from the bed and reached for my phone, switching it off.

But without letting her have the satisfaction of falling back into sleep since I'm awake now, I laid down on her stomach and started poking her face. Swatting my hand away, she tried to push me off her body but failed seeing as I probably weighed a ton. Just when I thought she was already asleep because her body went slack, her eyes snapped open and I almost ran out of her house knowing she was indeed, going to kill me now.

"Hey, um good morning. I just wanted to say thank you, you know. For slapping me yesterday, repeatedly. Everything's still a little foggy but I remember the talk we had before I fell asleep on the bed and I know it probably killed you saying that but um thank you. Really." Without letting her have a chance to either kill or push me, I wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug.

"Um, yeah sure. Uh, you're welcome." I chuckled when I felt her hand patting me on the back awkwardly before she cleared her throat and pulled back from me. "Let's um, I don't know if it'll help but cereals always helped with my hangover."

"Rise and shine captain! Time to crunch on your cereals now!" I groaned when the door to my room slammed open for the fourth time this week by none other than Samuel himself. Ever since we – well I mean he since I didn't have a say in it – bought the pile of cereals home, he had made it his mission to make me try a different cereal every single day. I appreciated his efforts, really I did but I didn't appreciate his method. "Come on honey, wake up and look at the stars I've brought you on this fine day!"

Ignoring the sparks around my thighs as he straddled them, I threw my pillow at him and took the opportunity to kick him off me before I turned my body to the other side. After having my sleep ruined for four straight days, there just wasn't enough strength in me to play nice with him anymore.

"Baby you wound me but lucky for you, I'll take whatever charm you throw my way because you're my girlfriend." Groaning for the umpteenth time since he started playing this game, I opened my eyes and shot him my deathliest glare. "Good morning girlfriend."