Chapter 4 - Finally Begins

After lunch they set out for the tiny town of Gravity Falls. Once they arrived they were making heads turn, Cynthia thought it would be a great idea to wink at some of the guys only to get elbowed in the side by Dipper. Cynthia just shrugged at Dippers parental antics but dyed it down a bit. Just as they were walking in front of the arcade Soos, Wendy, and the two grunkles ran out high fiving each other only to clash with Dipper and Cynthia. "Hey watch it!" Cynthia hissed only to let a tiny growl out, as she and Dipper got back on their feet. "I'm so sorry, what she meant to say was excuse me." As he glared at her only to receive a dramatic huff in response. Soos looked at Dipper puzzled, and then it dawned on him. "H-hey is that you Dip?" Dipper blinked and remembered the deal. "No I think your confusing me with someone else." Then Dipper grabbed Cynthia's waist and quickly dragged her away. Once he thought they were far enough away he abruptly stopped. "Pine Tree?" Cynthia asked with a concerned look. Dipper looked down sadden at what just accorded not long ago, "It's nothing. Let's keep going." Then started to march on leaving Cynthia to wonder, but she soon composed herself and caught up with Dipper. They continued to walk side by side in silence, Cynthia wanted to know what was bothering the boy so much without having to reading his mind. But for now she thought it was best not to pry.