Chapter 1

Y/N's POV

I walked out the journalist office, tears stinging my eyes. I lost one of the best jobs ever all because of Kelly Oubre jr. Just because he didn't want to do an interview. Dominic said this project could either make me or break me. Well it broke me and now I'm going to be dead broke. I threw the boxes into the trunk of my car and plopped down into the seat. I started to cry, what am I gonna do? What am I gonna tell my parents. I started the car and sped off. I'm 21, in New York, no job, $8,000 in my account, no relationship, and I don't want to tell my parents I lost my job. The only experiences I have are, journalism and physical therapy. My phone buzzed. I just want to go home and not come back. My gas light popped up so I pulled into a gas station. I grabbed my card and I got out.

"$20 on 10." I said as I handed him the card.

"Alright." He said as he slid the card and handed it back to me.

"Are y'all hiring?" I questioned.

"Yes ma'am. Would you like an application?" He asked.

"Yes please." I said as I forced a smile.

"You want a job at a gas station?" He asked chuckling.

"Yeah, I need money and I just got fired from my job and I just need one." I said.

"Just sign the application and bring it back, I'm going to hire you. I'll get you a uniform and we'll have you set" He said smiling. "And if you want to stay safe I wouldn't come to work wearing a diamond ring and necklace like that."

"Trust me I won't, thank you so, so much! This means a lot to me." I said as I exited.

I walked out to my car and pumped the gas. Who knew I would have a job at a gas station.

"You need some help there?" Someone asked.

"No thanks you." I said trying to be as polite as I could.

I looked up and realized it was Kelly. I got so angry.

"You can help me by leaving me the hell alone with your stuck up attitude." I yelled at him.

"Look I just want to ap(gco)."

*gco means gets cut off*

"Apologizing isn't gonna get my job back! I barely even knew you and you ruined my life!" I screamed.

I got in my car and slammed the door.

"Wait!" He said.

I sped off once again.