Yugami Town

It was twilight. The sun was just peaking over the vast sea. Sunlight was just settling down past the vast ocean. It was a beautiful sight..the orange light cast long shadows behind the cozy seaside house that was sitting on the shore. This island was known as Soul Island. None of it's residents knew why it was called that...nor did they even know why the only town on the island was called Yugami Town. In fact...all of the residents were amnesiacs that had just turned up...washed up on the beach one day...no memories.

The 3 residents of the only seaside house in the entire town were no different. They had been some of the more recent arrivals. And granted, they were probably the oddest group yet. They knew their names of course..every resident of Yugami Town still remembered their names at least. These three youths were a pink haired well fit boy named Natsu Dragneel, a blonde girl by the name of Lucy Heartfilia, and the third, who looked rather younger then the other two, a girl with medium length chestnut collored hair, Mikoto Misaka.

When they had washed up on the shore of that little town, the residents had been shocked to find them injured, bruised, and their clothes were almost torn to complete shreds. They also had two cats with them..a blue tomcat..and another cat which for some reason, had unnaturally pink fur.

"Those kids must have been involved in something horrid." said one woman who had been in Yugami town for 12 years."

"Maybe they washed up on the beach earlier and then ran into that horrid serial killer Night Reveler?" said a man who had been in Yugami Town for about 11 years.

"No.." said a spikey blonde haired man named Elliot Dreyar, a man who had been in Yugami Town longer then anybody, and ran the school for any children or youths who washed up on Soul Island. "Night Reveler has never left anyboy he attacks alive...this isn't his M O...whatever did this, did this to them before they arrived."

But of course nobody ever found out what happened. They didn't remember..those kids never would. So they estimated their ages, registered Mikoto in Elliot's high school, and put Natsu and Lucy in charge of her as guardians. The cats were allowed to live with them, as far as anyone could see, unless you counted the unusually pink one...they were pretty ordinary cats. (Though Natsu once swore he had seen one of them walking and talking.)

Eventually after 6 months, the threesome were just another ordinary family in Yugami Town. Of course barely anybody was ever related by blood in Yugami Town. You just lived with those you washed up with, or if you washed up alone, you were designated someone to live with unless you were old enough to live alone. So an ordinary family in Yugami Town, was just someone you lived with.

Those three were probably the easiest family to identify in that town. Natsu, with his loud and enthusiastic personality quickly endeared him to many of the townspeople. Lucy was known as quite a kind hearted girl, however she tended to make a big deal whenever people spoke about her weight. Mikoto was a top student at the high school. A quick learner, not to mention athletic. However, she was known to have a quick temper with the boys who flirted with her, and more then once, the high school nurse would have to deal with the broken noses and black eyes of her many suiters.

Another ordinary family, with their own interesting quirks.

As it so happened, that family was heading down the street of Yugami town, back towards that house on the beach that was currently casting shadows in the beautiful sunset.

Natsu and Lucy were wearing the clothes they had washed ashore with, just for the nostalgia of it all, as their clothes had been repaired by the local tailor months ago. Mikoto, on the other hand, was weariing a black t shirt with three yellow hears and some blue shorts. She held a black and white cap in her hand and wore a backpack that seemed to be filled with some textbooks.