Erza Scarlet...Kenpachi's New Obsession.

Miles and miles away from Soul Island, within a dark and ominous lab full of computer screens and tanks filled with fluid, A strange looking man sat typing away at a computer. This man wore the same kimono and white coat that gave the authority of a captain as Kenpachi and Hitsugaya. He wore a golden headdress and black paint with white lines going down his face. His prominent baring teeth, gave him a skull-like appearence.

"Hmmm.." said Mayuri Kurotsuchi curiously. "This can't be right.."

"What is it?"

A lithe and thin girl also wearing a captain's coat and kimono with two braids wrapped in white going down from her short black hair, came out of the shadows.

"Captain Soi Fon.." said Mayuri. "How long have you been standing in my workspace without my permission?"

"Serretei is currently in a state of emergency. I don't see why we need hide from each other now when teamwork is crucial."

"Even so.." said Mayuri as his eyes creaked over unnervingly in Soi Fon's direction. "Next time I catch you in here without me knowing it...I'll kill you..."

Mayuri turned his attention back to the screen he was looking at. "Hmm very interesting indeed.."

Soi Fon sighed. "And again I ask, what is so interesting?"

"I've been watching the feed from the Soul Island mission that dear Kenpachi and Hitsugaya are taking. And my..I can't help but be so strongly influenced by the interest in these espers...not to mention I feel so cheated!"

"Cheated?"

"Well yes!" said Mayuri as a bit of fury began to eb into his voice. "Who do you think invented the concept of personal reality together with his idiot magician partner who felt sharing the credit would stupid!? Darn you Aleister!! Academy City was supposed to be OUR achievement...I bet that smug bastard is sitting inside his silly tank of immortality right now just gloating about how he gets to sit on all that research..that miracle of science.."

Mayuri then began to smile wiith his strange creepy look. "But then again..now I have a perfect oppertunity...if those two would be so kind as to bring me back that Railgun specimen....After a quick dissection, not only would I understand espers..but also Dragon Borns as well...oh, how exciting.."

"But as I understand." said Soi Fon. "The mission was either to eliminate Railgun and her associates, or wipe their memory and leave them in Yugami Town so they could continue to be drained."

Mayuri's jaw dropped open. "What.....WHAAAAAAATTTT!!!?"

Mayuri stood up from the computer console. "NEMU!!!"

A woman with a short skirt-like kimono and black hair styled so that there was a long braided black pony tail going down her back walked up to Mayuri, her face expressionless. "Yes?"

"There's been a change in schedule." said Mayuri. "We're heading to Soul Island."

"Yes Captain."

Soi Fon looked scandalized. "Head Captain Yamamoto ordered that you stay and work on the left over remains of Dravis!"

"As interesting a specimen the Lord of Destruction is." said Mayuri furiosly. "The oppertunity to dissect a live Esper/Dragon Hybrid is not one I'm  ignoring any time soon! Especially if it's the Railgun!!"

_____________________________________

Mikoto Misaka's mind swirled in and out of consciousness as Wendy pulled her through the streets of Yugami town. Now and then, images she did not understand would swirl through her head...such as strange memories of Natsu eating fire....her being comforted by a beautiful golden dragon....a mass of 10,000 people who all seemed to look identical to her...and a boy...a boy with a right hand that could render any special power useless..