Realization

I woke up by the sun shining through the window onto my eyes. I had fallen asleep. I yawned and tried to stretch before realizing a heavy weight on my right side.

I look over, still half asleep, and see Jonnie snuggled up onto my arm, curled into a ball laying on my arm. Her arms were wrapped around mine and her legs were touching my thigh.

I could feel my heart beating at a dramatic rate, feeling my face start to get flushed from how red my face was.

"Oh no, what if she didnt know she did this? I need to try to move. I dont want to move. What if she doesn't even like me the way I see her?" I started freaking out and I slowly tried to move a few feet away from her, lifting her head slowly and covering her with a different blanket than mine. That was when I had realized she even managed to slip under the same blanket I was under.

The first thing I did was go to the bathroom and wash my face off. Trying to clear my head was harder than I thought it would be.

Let me try to understand this: Jonnie, friends with the bullies, is letting me stay at her house for as long as her parents are gone. We kissed, I haven't told her I remember that. We watched movies together and then woke up cuddling. But why?

Why was she cuddling me? Was it a habit of carrying a stuffed animal?

Slowly but surely, I had went back into the livingroom onto the couch. I made sure to be a few feet away from her so she wouldn't wake up still cuddling me. I put on the television watching some strange tv show about ghosts.

"Why are you over there..?" Jonnie had question half asleep. She moved around a little and snuggled with the blanket.

"Its cold and chilly today. ... Would it be weird if we were to be closer?" This time Jonnie question while slightly blushing. Why was she blushing?

"I mean I-I suppose it's fine. Nothing wrong with that." I had covered us up with a blanket and she sat next to me looming at the tv.

"Alex, can I ask you something? It is completely fine if I can't, I guess it is up to you." she seemed shy while speaking.

"Of course, you can ask me whatever you want. Whenever too." I replied trying to be nice. I smiled at her and looked at her gaze, she was obviously shy.

"Do you... Do you remember what happened the other night? We were both very tired, I would understand if you didnt remember." Jonnie looked around the room.

I was trying to rememebr something to say. Was she talking about the kiss? I'll just say I dont remember anything. That's a great idea, Im going with it.

"Uhh.. No, I dont remember anything. Was it a couple nights ago? I remmeber something then." Dammnit, Alex. She might know that I know we kissed now. I csnt rememebr the feel of it, but it was magic.

"Well.. Okay.. We.. W-we had done something together." Jonnie was trying to refresh my memory on something she obviously wanted me to know.

"Together? Like a movie? We watched movies last night. We also walked around, and I went to your qork right before summer started, maybe it was-" Jonnie had suddenly started kissing me.

The feel of her luscious lips against mine, so soft and marvelous, giving me butterflies in my stomach. It wasn't very long but in that moment, it felt like forever.

She had slowly start to pull away, and as we both started opening our eyes, we both were blushing and could tell that we both felt the same.

We glanced into each others eyes amd just sat there, feeling the passionate affection shared inbetween us. My cheeks and ears started to become rosy and I couldn't look at anything else besides her gorgeous and perfect eyes. All of her was perfect no matter what anyone else had said.

She could judge herself and bring herself down as much as she possibly wanted. But in my eyes, in my eyes she is perfect. Her perfection had led me to kissing her slowly again.

Both of us sat there for what felt like forever, feeling the passion behind our actions and grace in what is happening.