Disastrous Decisions

Right when everything was cheerful and bliss, something very abrupt and horrible happened.

I looked behind Jonnie to see a television broadcasting the news. The news was showing a particular person who is being put into prison.

This man was finally caught for all the horrible things he has done to multiple people.

"What's wrong?" Jonnie asked looking concerned. I pointed at the television showing her what is on the screen. She turned to see a man's mugshot who had been arrested.

"That's.. My dad." I had mentioned, I was relieved to see my father finally being put away.

That was the relieving part of what had happened. The part that was disasterous was the reason for how he had been caught for the crimes he committed.

The voice that was coming off of the news had stated, "Dexter Dungaranne has been arrested for attempted murder on his wife, Emelia Dungaranne. Emelia is now in the hospital in critical conditions."

As soon as I heard that sentence, I was as frozen as a statue. I couldnt move or hear anything around me. In that moment, I had regretted every decision I have ever made against her.

All I could think about was the disrespect, dishonesty, and rules I have broken that she had gicen me for my safety. But in the end, it wasn't my safety that mattered. It was hers.

Jonnie's voice started to come to me, "Alex, are you okay? Was that your mother? What's wrong? Alex?"

Reality started to come back to me, I couldnt even speak. I grabbed Jonnie's hand and started walking out. She quickly paid and held my hand again as I kept walking out.

Jonnie had calmly spoken, "Alex, I understand that it must be hard to hear something like that, just take deep breaths and-"

I still didn't speak. All I did was hug her. I wrapped my arms around her and put my head on her shoulder, slowly but surely letting tears wash out of my eyes for every bad decision I have ever made.

A tear for every time I have let her down, a tear for all the mistakes, guilt, pain, sadness, and choices I have made.

"Let's go back to my house, you can rest there." she rubbed my back and kissed my cheek.

I tried to speak through tears, "I don't know what to do with my life anymore.. Ive lost everyone special in my life, except you." ai continued to cry but tried to stop with everything I had.

"I will always be here, Alex Dungaranne. There is no doubt in my mind when I say that."

We both waljed to her house and as soon as I got there, I laid on the couch with one arm covering my face. All I could think about was how my mother must look and be in pain.

I had nothing to do anymore. It felt like everything was weighing on my shoulders and piercing me like a thousand daggers. All piercing my skin and making me feel as much pain as I could.

I just laid there crying. I couldve done anything else. I could stop crying and go to Jonnie. I could go to the hospital. But I couldnt move from how much weight it felt like was on me. I kept crying and couldn't stop if it cost me my life.

I opened my eyes. The sun had went down and it had been five hours since we got back from the gas station.

My eyes were still a little swollen from the tears. My entire body felt sore. I sat up and looked around the room for where Jonnie was. I didnt see her.

"Jonnie?" I had raised my voice a little looking around. I stood up and looked all downstairs and then went to the second floor. As I started to go up, I heard water running.

I walked towards the bathroom of where it was coming from and knocked on the door.

"Jonnie? Are you in there?" I could hear Jonnie gasp as if I scared ger from me speaking.

"Yeah, I'm taking a shower. Can you come in here and do me a favor?" she questioned, I opened the door covering my eyes just enough so that I could still see the ground.

"What do you need me to do?" I asked and closed the door.

"Can you hand me my towel? It should be on the tower rack next to the sink."

I grabbed her towel and put my hand over the curtain a little bit giving her the towel. She took it and turned off the water.

"Thanks. Hey, are you feeling any better now?" she asked as she stepped out with a towel around her, I quickly shedded my eyes.

"Y-yeah, I am feeling somewhat better. Im going to let you get dressed, Ill wait outside." I had said walking towards the door.

"Oh, don't be a little baby. Just look away." I stayed facing the door and waited hering the shuffling of clothing.

"Okay, you can turn back now." she was finishing putting on her shirt, I saw from her stomach down while she was pulling her shirt down.

She was wearing a teal shirt with a design of a sunset with a pair of skinny jeans. As she finished drying her hair, I was looking at her gorgeous eyes.

"Are you okay there? You look like you are surprised to see me." Jonnie smirked a little letting out a little air signifying she laughed lightly.

I smiled at her and she just kept looking at me and smiled back. I hadnt noticed completely how much she had trusted me and was comfortable with me until then.

"You are gorgeous." I had said unconsciously. I didn't even realize I had said it out loud until she started blushing.

"Thank you, I dont see myself as beautiful though. I'm just any other person." she had replied while looking a little sad.

I immediately put my hand on her cheek and looked her straight in the eyes. I softly rubbed my thumb against her cheek and kept looking at her.

"I don't care how you think you look. I dont care if you doubt your body and looks. There is nothing more beautiful than yourself. You are beautiful, nothing can change that." I told her exsctly how I had seen her. Her cheeks became more blushy snd mine started to blush.

She slowly started tilting jer head to the side, moving her lips closer to mine as she bit her bottom lip. I started to kiss her and I didnt stop. She is the one I love and these kisses always made me feel like I had actually had a place on earth to be. That place is with her.