Traumatic Times

I had rushed to the hospital as fast as I possibly could. Running in the front entrance, sprinting to where my mothers room had been. All I could feel was fear as I ran towards her room. I did not imagine her ever being in a situation such as this one. My desperate try to not shed tears while being inside of this building was a fail from the start. I had no idea what I would even do when I had finally got to her. Pray? Be by her side? None of that would fix what would happen if she was healing... Or dying.
    By the time I got to the room, I was already out of breath and didn't feel like moving. Yet to look in the room and see no nurses or even my mother there confused me. So I ran to the nearest nurse I could find to retrieve some answers.
    "Excuse me, where is my mother??" I had asked frantically, pointing towards her room. The nurse had looked concerned and frightened by my abrupt shouting.
     She had stuttered but finally had replied, "Your mother has been moved to an Emergency Room to be better taken care of." This news frustrated me for what seemed like no appaent reason.
    "Which room? I need to go see her!" I shouted. The nurse had shown me and then I sprinted even more, regardless of the pain I had felt in my chest.
     Walking ito the room, I saw what seemed like thousands of tubes and cords connected to her. It made her look as if she wasn't even human. Or that only the cords were the only thing keeping her alive. I couldn't bare seeing her in her condition, all I could do was drain the sorrowful drops of rain from my eyes, drifting down my facial features until falling to the ground. My shoulders were shivering up and down from the agonizing pain of visualizing how my mother looks in that room.
     When I had finally got control of myself, I sat next to her, trying to calm myself by speaking to her. She turned to me and the loudest thing in the room was the EKG machine with the constant beeping noise that occured with one beat per 2 seconds. I held her hand and grinned at her assuringly to let her know I was okay.
      "Are you feeling well, sweetie?" My mother had asked me softly, attempting to smile. I rubbed the top of her hand and replied saying that I was fine. I only wish it was possible to transfer all of her pain and injuries to me. Seeing her in pain made me feel twingeful guilt. If only I was there to prevent her from having he pain inflicted upon her.
      "When do you think you'll be getting out?" I asked while looking concerned.
      "It'll be a few weeks before I'm stable.." The way my mom had said that had me knowing that she wasn't okay at all. Her words are spaced out and she breathed every few words. We smiled at each other, masking the pain behind. The EKG kept repeating the pattern every two seconds. I closed my eyes to be able to rub them. As they were closed I began to hear a slower pattern from the EKG machine.
       "Alex.." I had heard my mom say as her grip had loosen from my hand. I tried to keep holding on, but I opened my eyes to see her head drop to the pillow, her sin pale, and the horrid EKG machine to stop the normal pattern, to have it replaced by a constant, monotone sound of one singular beep.
       "Mom? Hey, mom? Mom. Mom?!" Tears began to drift from my eyes again as I was hoping for her to open her eyes and for none of this to be reality. I shook her shoulder repeatedly, but her eyes remained closed. The cords hadn't been doing their one job. All I did was sit in disbelief as I saw her lying infront of me like a ragdoll.
       The doctors rushed into the room ina panic, pushing me out of the room. They were all speaking very fast, as if it was the only way they could communicate with each other. I kept a blank face. Denial was all that I felt at that moment. I was blocking out the rest of the world, since it all just crumbled all around me. My entire life seemed to be full of bad luck and depressing memories.
       She is gone, and I wasn't able to ever apologize or get her back. Unless death is my only way to take the agonizing pain away from my life. I wouldn't be here to expierence the pain others felt from my death. Death is an incredubly large cycle of pain and misery, which had been brought around me.