Nothing

At first, relief covered Cory's features at the sight of his friend Nick. "Nick! It's so good to see you! You've got to help us. Dawn's memories-"

    "Uh, what? I have no idea what you're talking about. Also, how did you know my name? Nick asked in confusion.

    "No, not him too." He muttered. Then he noticed Nick's face. "Please tell me what's with the clown makeup."

    "Uh, I... I don't know how to respond to that." Nick said uncertainty.

"Nick, you and I met in-"

Dawn interrupted Cory. "My apologies Nick, but my patient, Cory, has been in a freak accident, and is suffering from false memories and is probably still disoriented since he just woke up from his long slumber this morning."

    Cory had a look of outrage but calmly said, "They weren't false Dawn, they were real. You and Nick have just lost your minds as well as your memories.

Nick and Dawn only looked at each other with confusion written on their faces, as Cory face palmed.

    "Well I hope you feel better. I mean, walking around all delusional, people might question your sanity!" Nick laughed.

He only curled his fingers into a fist. "Well actually Nick, you guys are the ones who lost it, because I know they were real."

But Nick only shook his head. "Sorry man, I don't really know the correct way to say this but, that dream wasn't real. I mean, I'm no doctor, but believing a dream with false memories can't be good for your mental health. Hey Dawn, I think your patient needs to go back to the hospital. Then, after that, when your mind is more clear, you can live here and start a new life! Also, I can set up a tab for you! I sell potions, so if you need any of them, you'll know where to find me! A door to door salesman with excellent service will be at your service! He exclaimed.

"No, I'm not going back, I still need to find Uni, jog you guy's memories, and find the green place. Because this place," he gestured to all around, "feels fake, like the nature isn't real. Like this place is a lie." Cory said with a deep frown etched on his face.

The salesman's smile wavered just a bit, but still kept his cheerful demeanor. "What ever do you mean Cory? This place is as real as it could get!"

    "No, it's not. I refuse to believe that Nick."

    "Pretty soon you will Cory." Thought Nick. He suddenly smiled. "How about this? Right now, what are you trying to do?" He asked.

Cory put a hand to his chin. " Well right now, since I've already found you and Dawn, all is left is Uni."

    "Who's Uni? I could you search around the town, but I doubt you'll find find him." Nick said.

    Cory scrunched his eyebrows together in suspicion. "Whys that Nick?" He asked skeptically.

    The salesman only laughed. "Well because he isn't real! Like Dawn must've said, it was all in your head! So really, what does he look like?"

    "Well, he is a talking dog."

    Dawn narrowed his gaze. "This is the reason why I said you should be back in the hospital."

    "That was unexpected. Well, c'mon, if he is real, it would be easy to find him. Does he have a collar or something?" Nick asked.

"No, it was the wasteland." He replied.

"Uh, yeah. Well, without a collar people may thing he was a stray. Strays go to the pound, so it would be a good idea to look there." His friend said. "But right now I think you should go with Dawn back to-"

    "Thanks Nick, where's the pound?" Cory asked, interrupting him.

    He pointed to the right. "Down there and to the left." The salesman smiled, but it seemed forced. "Well? Come on!"

    As they were taking the path, Nick was advertising his potions, and Dawn was following silently beside his patient.

Cory stayed quiet, taking in the sights. He noticed many stares as they pass, mostly focused on him and his face. So he kept his gaze on the ground. Their faces were unnerving.

As a few minutes passed, Cory lift his head, causing his neck to crack twice. He looked at Nick, to see how different he was appearance wise. He wore a sweater, with dirty blonde and light brown horizontal strips with navy pants. Nick wore it over a collared white shirt underneath. He also had formal black dress shoes, as well as a blood red chrysanthemum for a tie.

    As they walked further down the street, Cory spotted the dog pound, and quickened his pace.

"Hey bud! Slow down! The pound isn't going anywhere!" Nick said.

"I just need to see if Uni's in here. If you guys had your memories, you'd understand." Cory respond.

As the three entered, a person behind the desk put down a magazine he was reading. "Hello there! Is there something you need?" He asked.

Nick responded. "Yes, my friend lost his dog, and we were wondering if he was here."

    "Ah! Okay, he can look around the pound." Cory squinted at the man's face, noticing the makeup that everyone is wearing. He shook it off, and went to search for Uni.

As Cory went out of earshot and Dawn went outside, Nick's face turned serious as he turned to the counter man. "Call the Mayer, say that the procedure didn't work." The man slowly nodded.

"Uni? Uni, you here?!" Cory shouted. Nothing. He looked at all of the dogs, none were his best friend.

Soon, he reached the last row of dogs, and lost a bit of hope, then he heard Dawn's voice echo in his head. "You are experiencing false memories from your accident. Only a vivid dream you had."

He stared absently at his gown. Something at the back of his mind said that it wasn't true, and then something said that it was. He's going to get a headache from this.

Then, Cory noticed a metal door. Curiosity got the better of him, as he entered. There were stairs that led downward. Cory went down them, then once he was almost at the bottom, he could spot a cage. With a dog inside.

    His heart leapt, as he hastily went to the cage. "Uni! I can't believe I found you! I was so-" Cory was interrupted by a snarl, then it dawned on him. It wasn't Uni. It was a regular, non-talking dog.

~0oOo0~

Word Count: 1091

Finally! This the major twist in my story! Hope you like it! And I hope it adds some suspension! Also, for those who cares, I'm going to release two stories! One is a RP Galaxy and me did which is traditional writing. The other one is a Crafting Dead one, that one will come out next week or later in the summer. That is all my stars! So please vote, comment, and follow! CYA! <3