~-Chapter Seventeen-~

-Liam Payne's Point of View-

I pulled a bag of Dorritos out of the cabinet and started muching on them. Louis was laying on the kitchen floor, talking to his carrot. Zayn was fixing his hair in the reflection of a plate. Harry pressed random buttons on the microwave. Nothing unusual.

"I'm half tempted to go up there and see what's taking so long." Lou announced.

"I wouldn't. Niall's probably 'convincing' her to stay. Besides, that isn't something you'd want to see." Haz said, pressing the number three.

"Gross." Zayn muttered. This made me unhappy. I didn't want to think of Nialler up there with the one girl I loved, doing things I couldn't do with her.

"I don't know, Candace seemed pretty mad." Lou took a bite of his carrot.

"Make up sex is always good." Haz laughed.

"Gross!" I said, standing up. I walked into the living room, bending over to pick up the remote. Someone grabbed the belt loops of my short and pulled them up. "Hey, mate-"

"Liam, I really don't like walking in to see your ass hanging out." Candace said, fingers still in the loops.

"Sorry." I blushed as I met her quirky green gaze. "So you're staying?" She didn't have her bags with her.

"Yeah. On one condition, of course," She walked to the kitchen and sat on Lou's stomach.

"What's that?"

"I can't date anyone." Candace said simply, shrugging. Louis's carrot hit the floor.

Lou was flirting like mad. Niall looked pissed. Zayn played video games. Harry made Candace rub his feet. I just sat and took it all in.

Of course I could be flirting with her too, but with the daggers Niall was shooting Louis, I'm not sure I wanted to. No, wait. I did.

"I'm hungry." Niall said, standing up suddenly. Candace automatically moved to get up with him, but then realized they weren't dating anymore and sat back down awkwardly.

"I'll come with you, mate." I stood up. "You lot want to join?"

Candace and Niall had locked gazes. He raised his eyebrows hopefully. She smiled faintly, "I'll come."

"What about you all?" Nialler asked the other three boys. Harry shrugged and grabbed the car keys. All six of us shuffled out the door.

Niall sat up front with Haz. Lou made sure he had a seat by Candace who was seated by me. Zayn sat in the back. Haz, with one hand on the wheel, changed the radio stations. He stopped on So Sick by Ne-Yo, which we all belted out the words to.

"And I'm so sick of love songs, so tired of tears," Oddly, an awkward tension set in with this song. Then Boyfriend by Justin Bieber came on. As if a bad memory, Niall changed it quickly. And he was the biggest Belieber out of us all.

Eventually, after so many coincidental songs, Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran played. "Damn it." Niall mumbled, turning the radio off completely.

It was quiet. I tapped my fingers on my jeans. Candace started humming a familiar tune that had no relevance to our situtaion whatsoever. Lou started singing the chorus when she reached it.

"THIS TIME IS OURS!" Ours by The Bravery. I loved it, and apparently so did everyone else. We all sang along, even Niall, in our own happy little bubble with no tension. No silence. No drama. Just six best friends having the time of their lives.

-Candace Miller's Point of View-

Besides Lou being really flirtatious and having to watch my every move aorund Niall, it was a pretty normal day. While we were leaving iHop, I reached over to hold Niall's hand. Luckily I caught myself and moved away.

Louis kept telling jokes, making me laugh so had I couldn't breathe. Normally it wasn't this comfortable between us. But it was nice.

I just hated the fact that I had to sleep alone at night, with no Niall to keep me warm.