~-Chapter Twenty-One-~

-Zayn Malik's Point of View-

  I rubbed my neck, still feeling Candace's hands around my throat. God, I never thought anyone could be that into Harry Potter. It was literally an obsession.

  I passed Niall's room, heading for my own. Voices were coming from behind the door. It was not eavesdropping, just simply.... putting my ear agaisnt a door. Completely normal, been done before. Candace was describing her wand.

  Then it got oddly quiet. Did they know I was there and didn't want me listening? Or maybe they- wait. What was that? I listened closer. A muffled moan sounded just audibly. What the hell?!

   I opened the door before I had time to stop myself. Regretted it almost instantly.

 "Sorry!" I said, standing frozen in shock. The wand was sticking out of Candace's back pocket, her lips on NIall's. They were flush up against each other in a tight, loving embrace.

  They jumped apart and stared at me as I gaped. They were dating again?! But I thought.... She and Louis...

  "What's.... er... going on?" I choked out.

 "I... We..." Niall looked at Candace desperately.

   She sighed. "We might as well tell him the truth. He can keep a secret."

 "But I'm not sure I want to. I don't like keeping things from the rest of the band so if it's something that only I would know, don't tell me." I said.

"We'll tell the band eventually. But Zayn, keep what you just saw a secret. Or I'll hex you." Candace gripped her wand in her hand. I hid the smile and chuckle that tried to escape.

  ''I won't tell. I really hope you tell the others soon, though." I said quietly, backing out of the room. I ran into Harry in the hallway.

  "What's wrong, mate?" He asked, stopping.

 "Oh, Candace just threatened to 'hex me', whatever that means." I fake laughed and said goodnight. It was hard keeping what I saw from the others, and I didn't even know the whole story. This would be a long week...

                                                        -Candace Miller's Point of View-

  I decided it was best to leave Niall's room and go on to bed. Lou was waiting up for me.

 I felt like a guilty daughter who had stayed out with her boyfriend past curfew, and Louis was my over-protective father. Well, it felt like that up until his lips connected with mine. Then he was just mmy best friend making a big mistake.

     Why didn't I pull away?!?!

Oh God. WHY DIDN'T I PULL AWAY?!

   "Niall, I think we should break up." I muttered the next morning. We were the first up and in the kitchen. Truth be told, last night I let Lou kiss me. I wanted him to. And if I felt that way then I didn't deserve Niall.

   "Wh-why?" He looked like an abused puppy. God I felt horrible.

 "Because Lou and I kissed last night and you don't deserve the pain." Is what I wanted to say, but instead I said, "A muggle like you and a wizard like me would never work out."

  "What?" Now he was confused.

 "I just don't think I'm ready to date again... I thought I was but when Zayn caught us last night, I realized I wasn't. I'm really sorry, and wish I didn't feel this way." I kissed his cheek and guiltily left before he could make me feel worse or I could hurt him more.

  "Well, fuck." I yelled as I ran directly into none other than Lou on the way to my room.

 Liam, standing a little ways behind him, raised an eyebrow at me, as well did Zayn.

 "Today... No, this week, is has been just fucking lovely." I said sarcastically.

 "You okay?" Harry asked, coming into view.

  "Perfect. Never been better." Another sarcastic answer. I stalked away and into my room.

 I glared in disgust at the spot where Lou kissed me. Just ruined my life in a matter of seconds.

                                                      Why didn't I pull away?

                           Because maybe Niall isn't the only one you're in love with.