Chapter 23

Warning: Angst

Jefferson's P.O.V.
Asshole.

All I'll ever be is an asshole. I wish I could go back in time fix all of my mistakes. I've been sitting in my dorm for weeks thinking about everything I've done.

Thinking about Alexander.

I know I was terrible to him but I regret it so much. I don't know how to express my feelings. My emotions were always out of wack when I'm around him. I can't control my actions, it's like he has a spell on me that makes me act the absolute worst.

No matter what I do I can't get him out of my mind. I'm currently dating my roommate, James Madison. I thought just being with somebody would be enough, but it's no where near.

James is nice and all but he's no Alexander.

I was laying in my bed thinking about whatever came to mind when I heard the door open.

"Thomas? I'm back." I heard a voice call out. It was James.

"I'm in the bedroom!" I call back. After thinking about Alexander so much I knew what I had to do. I wanted James to have a relationship with someone who truly loved him.

"Hey Thomas." He says, sitting down next to with a smile.

"James, I have to tell you something." His face drops at my serious tone. I take a deep breath. "I- I'm breaking up with you."

"What?" He says shakily.

"You're a great person but I can't give you the same love you give me."

"Is this about Alexander?" Damn he's smart.

"Yes, and I'm so sorry." He stands up and looks at me in disbelief.

"I can't believe you," he begins, "After all we've been through you still can't see it."

I look up at him, "See what?"

"How much I loved you. I've loved you long before Alexander came into the picture. I loved when we first met but some immigrant shows up and you toss me aside."

I stand up and try to grab his arm "James-"

"You don't get it Thomas, Alexander doesn't love you. He never has and he never will." I look at James. You could see the heartbreak in my eyes. I knew he was right I have no chance with Alexander.

He looks up with tears in his eyes. "You push away the people that truly love you. The people that actually care about you but you never see that." He takes a deep breath before continuing. "I'll go. I know now that you don't want me so I'll go."

He turns his back to me and leaves, closing the door with a slam.

A/N: Hi, I'm not dead. Yet.