Step one to forgiveness

Patrick's Pov

It has been a week into work, and Ellen and I been getting better. We are starting to get along and I am mending with Ellen now. We're not totally good but we're working on it. But Ellen and I's kids however, are happy and that's what I want. But whenever I look at Chris O'Donnell, an image of him and Ellen kissing  flies into my head and I get a burning rage for him. But I know that Ellen is truly sorry, and I have been starting to forgive her.

I watch as Ellen approaches to Prospect Studios and she walks towards me. I've decided to invite her over for dinner tonight, making her and my kids very happy. I know that we've hit some rocky obstacles along the way of our relationship, but I am willing to start fresh.

"Hey Ellen, would you like to come over to my house for dinner tonight? Your kids are welcome as well." 

She turns around and her facial expression is somewhat suprised. She smiles warmly at me, and I returned the smile. Finally she replies.

"Of course Paddy I'd love that. Stella and Sienna will be excited to come too."

"Great, I'll see you tonight." I smiled. I walk back into the trailer and change into my scrubs since it was my scene with Ellen in a couple minutes.

Things have gotten a bit better between us, but we're not totally okay yet.

------ Dinner. ----

Ellen's Pov

Each of my girls are wearing cute little dresses for Patrick's dinner. Stella is wearing a little pink dress with a black belt around her waist and Sienna is wearing a little yellow and black sparkly dress. They both look gorgeous.  For myself, I am wearing a black dress with silver high heels.

We hoped into the car and drive to Patrick's house. I park on the side of the road and we walked up the steps. Once at the front door I stopped. I took a deep breath and tried to relax. I knock on the door loudly.

I heard the doorknob turning and tried my best to relax.

"My, why don't you three look beautiful!" Patrick says excitedly, he looked at me and smiled. "Hey Ellen, you look lovely!" He smiles. He turned around, "Tallulah Sullivan and Darby! Ellen and her kids are here!" He shouts.

Tallulah runs down the stairs and greets us. "Hello Ellen, it's nice to see you...you look nice." Tallulah says. "Thank you Tal." I smile. Tallulah runs back upstairs with the kids following and I walk inside the house.

"Thank you for coming El, now before we catch up, would you like some wine or anything? And just to let you know, I'm making spegetti for dinner."

I hesitated for a minute, and then reply. "Patrick, I'll have some wine please."

"That's my girl. Red or white?" He asks, holding up each bottle. "I'll have white please and thank you." I say smiling. "Alright white hear we come. Now tell me El, how do you feel about season three? Because it's starting in a week and I'm somewhat excited. What about you?"

All I could think is:

Season three. Oh shit! There is no way in hell that I'm ready for this. I should have known that this was coming.

"Hmm...to be honest with you Patrick, I actually haven't given it much thought, but I am looking forward to it. Shonda always has suprises in for us." I say, taking a sip of my wine, which was actually really good.

"Dinner will be ready soon, and it will be great." Patrick says getting up to put the food on plates. He turns off the stove and places each one on the table.

I go upstairs and find the kids in Tallulah's room. I knock on the door and Tallulah answers it. "Ellen, what's up?" She asks with innocent eyes looking up at me curiously. "Tal, it's dinner. Can you tell the others please?" I ask. She nods and I walk back down the stairs. A minute later, they all run down the stairs like a stampede and take their seats.

"So you guys, I wanted to start off by saying two things. Cheers to Ellen, Stella and Sienna for coming and for celebrating the beginning of season three with us, even if the cast isn't here to celebrate it with us. It has been a great three years working with Ellen and the others, and I couldn't have done it without any of them, so cheers." Patrick says. We all clinked glasses and took a sip of our beverages.

"Daddy, that's really deep." Tallulah says and we all erupt in laughter. This dinner was going better than I thought. Patrick was back to himself. Almost. This food was amazing, and everyone was happy. And who knows what he has in store next.