Chapter 11

~~~ Arianna's P.O.V. ~~~

Turns out I did black out from pain. I sat up feeling groggy as hell. It was dark. I looked around. Everyone seemed to be asleep. I looked at my leg. I couldn't really see it well, but from what I could feel it seemed like Alex did a pretty good job. My stomach on the other hand wasn't doing so good. Sitting had made it flare into pain. I needed ice. But I didn't want to wake anyone up. Maybe I could just wait it out.

I laid back down and noticed that I had a makeshift pillow. It was someone's jacket. It was too dark to see though so I didn't know who it belonged to. Someone shuffled next to me. I couldn't tell if they were awake or see who it was.

"Hey," came a whisper. "You awake?" It was Alex. We both sat up.

"Yeah," I whispered back. I winced from the pain of sitting up again.

"How are you feeling? Are you in any pain?"

"Lots of pain actually. I need ice for my stomach. But I know we don't have any here."

"Is there anything else I can do for you? I want to help you. I don't like seeing you in pain."

"I'm not sure what else you can do. You've done so much. I should be fine but I don't think escaping the school will be easy."

"Don't even think about that right now. We've all talked about it and we don't mind staying longer. We want you to recover."

"Wait, what," I asked a little loud.

"Shhh. It's ok. Everyone agreed so we're staying here for a little bit longer."

"B-b-but, what about supplies? What if we r-run out of food? And we need medic....." I was getting loud again so Alex gently put a hand over my mouth.

"Stop," he said quietly. "It's going to be ok. We will talk about all that later."

"But.."

"Later," he interrupted. "Now tell me how I can help with your pain. There's got to be something."

I hesitated. I didn't want to change subject but I knew he was being stubborn.

"Maybe you can find something cold to put on top of my stomach. Like metal." I paused to think for a second. "If you do find something maybe you can leave it outside for a little bit that way the cold air can make the metal even colder."

"Ok," he said. "And what about your leg? How is that doing?"

"As long as we're here I won't have any kind of pain killer. So that, I will just have to deal with till we get out of here." His shoulders sagged in disappointment.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Why," I asked confused.

"I should have been there sooner. I couldn't help as much as I wanted. They hurt you. And they hurt you bad."

"That was not your fault. You did the best you could and if you hadn't come when you did they would have killed me." I tried my best to help him. "You saved my life."

"Yeah but I didn't stop them from hurting you so much. I should have been there sooner. To help you more." I found one of his hands and took it in mine.