Chapter 16

~~~ Alex's P.O.V. ~~~

I woke up screaming. Arianna was at my side trying to calm me down. I was laying on my stomach. I looked around. We were back at the school. I didn't remember coming back but I was glad to be away from that damn garage. Everyone else was asleep and the school was pretty dark. I looked at Arianna. I was happy to see her again. For real. Not in a dream.

"Alex," Arianna called out. I finally realized I was staring at her.

"Sorry," I said.

"It's ok," she said with a smile. "Are you ok? Did you have a nightmare?" I nodded. "You want to talk about it?"

"It's alright. You don't have to worry. I'm awake now."

She gave me a look I couldn't really read. Then she seemed to zone out. Almost like when Derc had almost killed her. I didn't like to see her that way. She looked about ready to murder someone.

"Do you want to talk about what Derc did to you," she asked out of the blue.

"No," I answered bluntly. "I don't want to worry you. You don't need to know what went on. I want to protect you from that."

"But I know what he did. He sent me recordings of your voice. Pictures of your wounds. A video." She paused and I looked at her. I didn't realize he did that for her. I thought it was for himself. "A video of him torturing you." I was silent. I didn't know what to say. The last thing I wanted was for her to know what happened. She didn't need that kind of mental torture. "So you can talk to me. Please? I want to help you feel better."

I was shocked to hear that much....love in her voice.

"Why do you care so much about me? Why did you worry so much? I know you care about everyone else too. I just don't understand why you act that way when I know you don't feel the same way I feel about you."

"What are you talking about Alex," she asked confused. "Wait. Do you remember what happened right before Derc took you?"

"Not really. I know I yelled at you. And I'm sorry for that. Then I fell asleep."

"You don't remember anything else?"

"No." I began to blush. I decided I should tell her about my dream. I wanted to tell her just how I felt anyways. "I had a pretty crazy dream though." She raised an eyebrow questioningly. "I remember dreaming that you kissed me. It wasn't like a super romantic kiss or anything, but to be completely honest, it's what kept me going when I was with Derc."

Arianna giggled and I was confused.

"Alex," she laughed. "That kiss wasn't a dream." I looked at her surprised. "It actually happened."

"Are you messing with me," I asked. She shook her head. "That was real?"

"Yes Alex. It was real. Do you remember what you yelled about?"

"No," I said shaking my head. "Not really. Just that I was really upset."

"You thought I was still in love with Kenneth. You were also showing signs of a minor concussion. So you had mood swings. You yelled at me for not liking you that way you like me. And then I told you that you were wrong. And then I kissed your forehead."

"This whole time I thought it wasn't real," I said quietly. "But it was."

I looked at Arianna. I mean really looked at her. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. And I wanted to make her mine. Right now. I didn't care about anything else. I sat up. It was a painful process and Arianna tried to make me lay back down. But as soon as I was upright I wrapped her in my arms and kissed her. She was surprised at first, but then her arms were around me too and she kissed me back lovingly. It was the happiest I had ever been.