Chapter 22

~~~ Alex's P.O.V. ~~~

I was against Arianna tagging along from the very beginning. I hated that Josh insisted she go. I mean who uses injury just to talk to people? But Arianna thought it was a great idea and had no problem being used. I just didn't want Arianna to get hurt. And now here she is, with a gun pointed right between her eyes.

"How about now," Morgan asked. "Will you let Josh show us the way out?"

Everyone stared at Arianna. I could feel the tension thickening. She just glared back. I was wondering why Josh wouldn't speak for himself. I think he just wanted to see how this all played out. Finally, Arianna spoke.

"Not till we get our friend away from your brother. Otherwise, figure it out yourself."

Morgan nodded and put out his hand to shake. Arianna took it.

"You are wise beyond your years," Morgan said. "Not easily swayed. I like it. I'm sorry for scaring your group though. I never meant for Natalie here to kill you. Just scare you."

"Not so stupid yourself," Arianna chuckled.

Morgan burst into laughter. Everyone seemed to visibly relax after that. Natalie and Kevin lowered their guns. Josh and Arianna's dad looked at her with great admiration and surprise at her superiority.

~~~ Derc's P.O.V. ~~~

With Arianna and Alex dead, and Seth not being affected by the video of his friends dying anymore my anger grew. I decided to just torture the boy like I did Alex. I wasn't sure how exactly I'd do it though. I just wished I had more people to feast upon. With the quarantine gates up and food running low, I'd probably have to face my brother and then kill him and the kids he was protecting. I knew he'd never join me. Though we were twins, we could never agree on anything.

~~~ Josh's P.O.V. ~~~

Morgan wasn't entirely convinced at first that anyone would need saving from his brother. But Arianna went over everything that had happened since first meeting Derc. Then Arianna pulled out a broken camera and some pictures. She hadn't shown them to me and I was curious as to what may be in them.

"The camera doesn't work anymore," Arianna said with a shaking voice. Her hands were also shaking. "But you can probably still pull out the tape and find somewhere to watch that."

"What will I see when I do," Morgan asked.

"Proof."

Morgan looked down at the camera. Then examined the pictures. I could tell he'd been incredibly disappointed to hear his brother's actions, but I don't think he was ready for proof of it.

"I'd rather not look then," he stated. "I have heard enough. I will help you find my brother. We need to put an end to this before it can escalate. Maybe when we find him I can talk some sense into him. Reason wi......"

"No," Arianna interrupted. We all looked at her. She looked incredibly terrifying. Like all the light in her eyes had vanished. She had become an entirely different person. "He has to die. If he lives he will only hurt more people. I can't allow it. I won't allow it."

Niana took one of Arianna's trembling hands in hers. It seemed to relax Arianna a bit but she still didn't seem completely herself. Then, off in the distance came the all too familiar screams of the undead. We all looked in the direction the screams came from. It sounded like a lot of them. Natalie raised her rifle.