Chapter 14

~~~ Alex's P.O.V. ~~~

Derc bit my last finger off and I screamed. He spit out my finger into a pan and began cooking it. After it was cooked, he walked up to me and waved it around in my face tauntingly. The smell was horrible and I almost puked. Derc was about to eat my finger but stopped himself just before he bit into it. Then he looked at me. Before I could react, Derc shoved my own finger in my mouth and put his hand over it to keep me from spitting out my finger. I began choking.

I woke up with a jolt. I looked at my hands that were tied up above me. I could see my fingers were all still there. Sighing a breath of relief, I relaxed some. Derc moved me from the house to the garage out back. It was mostly empty. My hands were tied up with rope and the other end was tied to a beam above me. I couldn't sit. I was forced to stand no matter what. So sleeping was a pain. I didn't get much and when I did it was filled with nightmares like just now.

I looked out one of the windows. The sun was rising. It is now the morning of twelve day since being captured. I was beginning to think everyone thought I was dead and had given up on me. It was depressing. But I still hoped each day that all my friends would burst through the door and get me out of here. It was what kept me from thinking about the pain after almost two weeks of torture.

Derc slammed the garage door open and stepped in. Then he looked around. He walked up to a fishing pole and examined it. I already knew what he was going to do with it and it terrified me. I struggled to break free of my bounds. That was definitely a pain I didn't want to feel. Derc took a swing at the air. Even though it didn't come close to hitting me it still scared me enough to make me jump.

I guess Derc didn't like the fishing pole much. He threw it down and looked around some more. After a few minutes he chuckled. I couldn't see what he found but it did nothing to quench my fear. Derc didn't grab the object. Instead he turned and walked toward me. He ripped my shirt off and threw it across the garage. Then he went back and picked up his new torture weapon.

~~~ Lucy's P.O.V. ~~~

I heard a loud whipping sound from the neighbor's house. I had thought I heard the same sound a couple of times but I wasn't sure. This time it was clear. I also heard what sounded like muffled cries. I stepped out to my backyard. Then walked quietly to the fence and sat down to listen. Again another whip came followed my more muffled cries. I decided tonight I would sneak over and find out what was going on.

~~~ Alex's P.O.V. ~~~

All I wanted was to be asleep. To not feel this pain. I felt like I would go insane if I didn't get out of here soon. But my hope of ever getting free was dwindling. Derc walked into the garage again and I instantly began fighting to get away from him. He laughed and raised his weapon. He didn't even have to hit me. I was already screaming. Derc got mad and quickly covered my mouth. Then he grabbed duct tape and put it over my mouth.

"I only want one more hit," he chuckled. "Are you ready boy?"

He didn't even give me time to answer. He took a powerful swing and hit my back. I clenched my fists. I tried to breathe but it was impossible for what felt like centuries. It was too much to bare. Finally, my lungs let me breathe in. I took that breath but choked on it. Derc stood in front of me. Then he took his bloody bamboo stick and stared at it.

"How do think this tastes boy," he asked. Then he took a lick of my blood from the stick and I almost puked. Then Derc ripped the tape from my mouth and held the stick to my face. "I think you would like it boy."