Chapter 18

~~~Derc's P.O.V. ~~~

I didn't torture the boy. Though I really wanted to. I needed him strong and active. My plans for him changed some. I was going to get him to betray his group. Even if it was accidental. Then, when he realizes what he did, I'd make him join me. Let the real betrayal set in and then kill him. I just needed to know how loyal Seth was to his group right now. If he was like Kenneth, I could probably get him to tell me more about the group. And in order to do that I needed to make sure he knew I wouldn't harm him.

"Get the fuck away from me freak," I heard Seth yell.

The there was a crash. I rushed from the couch to the kitchen. I found Hillman with a knife in his hand ready to end the boy's life. Seth was on the ground still tied to his chair. He was groaning from pain. Raged, I turned to Hillman and punched him across the face causing him to fall to the ground.

"What the fuck Derc," he yelled.

"I thought I told you I wanted him alive. No one touches the boy," I spat.

"I'm hungry."

Hillman stood. I slapped his face. He glared at me but not for long.

"There's food in the fucking fridge. Get some and get the hell out of here."

Hillman did as he was told and walked away to another room. I looked down at the boy. He was just staring. He was probably wondering why I didn't want him harmed. I lifted the chair so he was sitting upright again. I tried checking for cuts or bruises but he spat in my face. I almost gave in to my anger and was tempted to choke him. Instead I walked to the sink to change my bandages.

"What do you want with me," Seth asked.

"Don't worry about that boy. Just be happy you're not dead."

"What do you want with me," he asked again.

"Boy you better not ask again. You got your answer."

"Alright, fine," was all he said after.

I turned and looked at him. He sounded strong. That was good. I needed stronger men to join me.

~~~ Alex's P.O.V. ~~~

It hurt me to see Arianna this paranoid. Marissa just told us that Seth was missing and that Nathan was injured. We all knew it was Derc. Hopefully we'd get to him on time. And hopefully things didn't turn out as bad as when Derc had me. I wondered how Kayla was doing. Her and Seth are a couple. But she's with the rest so I didn't know for sure. To be honest though her reaction seemed kind of calm, but also somewhat uncaring. Or at least that's what Marissa told me. Maybe there was something going on between them.

Arianna took hold of my hand. I looked at her. She seemed to have that scary look in her eyes again like when Derc had her by the fire. It was a look that scared me. She whispered something but I didn't hear it.

"What did you say," I asked. "I couldn't hear you."

"I'm going to kill Derc," she said just a little louder.

I gave her a concerned look before saying, "We'll find Seth."

"And then I'm going to kill Derc. I don't care what it takes."