Not A Joke

I chased after Mari who was already out the door and stomping down the sidewalk to get into her car. I can't lose anyone else, especially not Mari! She's mine, I know that, I love her dearly, she knows that, but the most obvious thing here is that I can't live without her. Yes we have our hard times, but do does everyone else! We fight often on some simple issues, but so does everyone else! I could feel my blood boiling as I chased after her, but not because I was mad at her, because I was mad at myself for being such an idiot. Lara tricked me, that's my fault completely, because I let it happen.

"Mari! Don't leave, please, I love you! You know that, I know that, everyone knows that! I am a complete and utter dumbass and dunce, but will you please take me back? I need a babysitter, and there's no better person than the one I love." I shouted, grasping her shirt sleeve in my hand and a few drops of tears dripped down my face. She glared menacingly at me as if she was expecting something more, but then she quickly twirled around to grab my hand and pulled me into the car with her. She said noting at first, but once we drove away from the school she reached over and held my hands tightly in hers.

"I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at her. Plus I wanted to see who you would go after, me or her," Mari nuzzled up to me with a saddened expression before beaming seductively, "thankfully, you went after me. That was a gamble I took to see who you really cared about, not only that but I got a nice reaction too~" She smiled devilishly. I turned to her and pecked her cheek quickly but then turned again once more to peck her mouth a few times.

"Had to make sure I was rid of Lara's kiss, so what other way then to kiss my girl?" I asked, laughing hysterically. We reached Nathan's school not long after only to see that he was actually talking with other boys from his class. They were all gathered around him talking normally, but then one grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him to the ground. "Oh hell no! I'm gonna beat up some little shits here soon!" I shouted, jumping out of the car to run to my brother's side. The kid let go once he saw me and laughed.

"So, this is your dyke of a sister? She's pretty hot, but it's too bad she's gay!" He shouted. Before I did anything else I picked up Nathan and sent him back to the car, then proceeded to crack my knuckles.

"Who am I going to beat the shit out of first? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,Catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollers, let him go,Eeny, meeny, miny, moe." My finger landed on the boy who called me a dyke. He flinched, but ultimately all he did was scoff and brag about he was a green belt in karate or some shit. As he kept on going about how a girl could never beat a guy, I stepped over to him and socked him right in the face and groin before walking off to the car without another word. Once inside the car, I rolled the window down and shouted a few choice words that would bring anyone to shame. Nathan and Mari looked at me for the longest time before laughing and pointing at me.

"Oh my God, Ava you just beat the crap out of a little kid!" Mari shouted with a bright smile.

"Um, yeah, and your point is? They mess with someone I love, so he deserved what he got." I replied, rubbing my fist gently. It was bleeding a bit probably from hitting the boy in the face. No doubt that I broke his nose, jaw, or something along those lines based on the damage I received. Nathan massaged my hand smoothly as to not hurt me any further.

"Geez sis, you need to chill out before you get both of us kicked out of school." He said with a lengthy sigh. I chuckled a bit again and finally calmed down enough to relax.

"We should go out somewhere..." I muttered, looking outside to see the nice weather and few bugs flying around. Mari smiled brightly and tapped the driver's shoulder and soon he stopped at a nearby park. Nathan immediately got out and ran to the swings while Mari and I stayed behind to tell the driver when we would be done. As soon as we finished talking, Mari headed over to the rock wall and began to climb it. It was easy to tell that she has never done anything like this, as she was slipping quite a bit and was stiff, so I stayed under her to make sure she wouldn't fall. Knowing her, she ended up losing her grip and falling off of the wall, but since I was under her and she didn't weigh that much I was able to catch her. Mari laughed and kissed me before hopping out of my arms and continuing to walk around the park to play some more. This might be a childish date, but at least she's having fun... that's all that matters... As I watched her mess around some more, I pulled her over to talk once again.

"I just want you to know that what I said earlier was completely true and wasn't a joke at all. I need you, Nathan needs you, and I know you need me. I love you ok?" I said, reaching for her hands to hold. She smiled and hugged me instead, nodding and sniffling.

"Yes Ava, I know. I too can't live without you anymore..."