Fight

Mari tapped me on the shoulder once we got home. It's so nice now to actually have a place where I belong and where I'm welcome for once. She smiled down at me, but instead of it being a kind and warm smile like usually, it felt forced. Like she didn't really want to smile but rather she had to. I know she's upset at everything, especially me, but her face was more stern this time. Before she unlocked the car door, Mari spoke up.

"Ava, can we talk?" Her voice quivered a bit as she cleared her throat. I nodded without hesitation and so she took a deep breath and began to speak again. "Why don't you give your parents another shot?" She asked me with a pleading gaze. I about choked on nothing and tried not to get overly excited.

"So, you want me and my brother to go back home with those two lunatics? Are you out of your fucking mind, Mari?" She shook her head and grasped my hands desperately.

"Look, I know what you're thinking, but they seemed to be nicer than last time. Maybe they did change, Ava." I jerked my hands away from her and manually unlocked the door, storming inside the house. Mari followed close behind, trying to speak to me, but I completely ignored her and hurried up to my room. She knocked on the bedroom door for a half an hour before finally taking a break and sitting right in front of the door. Mari didn't say anything and I didn't try to talk. It's pathetic, I know, but it just upset me so much. I want to live with Mari because I want to be with her. If I go back home, then I won't be able to see her 24/7 like I can now. Hours passed by in the blink of an eye and she still hasn't moved. It's almost 11:00 pm which is about the time we usually pass out at, but I can't seem to go to sleep. With a sigh, I hurried up and let Mari in to sleep with me. She said nothing and crawled into the bed with me and wrapped her arms around my stomach.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said that, Ava..." She muttered to me with a slight kiss to the cheek. I smiled and turned around to face her on the bed.

"I know you we're just trying to help, but I want to stay here. I can't stay away from you that long, so it's natural I would live here so I can see you every second, every minute, and every day. I know it's selfish, but I want to be right beside you forever." Mari hugged me and nuzzles her head in my chest.

"I guess I have to get my wedding vows ready, huh? Seems like you got yours, Mrs. Stoll." Mari looked back up at me and got up quickly to lay on top of me. Let's just say we didn't get any sleep that night because we were,  ahem,  up to other things...

The Next Day

I awoke to Mari beside me who had only a pair of underwear and a bra on. Remembering everything from last night, I too looked at myself to see my messed up hair, bite marks everywhere, and, well, I had nothing on... I stood up quickly, bad idea, and hobbled over to my dresser for some clothes. A tank top, sweat pants, sandles, and a few bracelets seemed like a good outfit. So be it. Mari still didn't wake up by the time I got ready,  and so I rolled onto the bed and poked her softly until she awoke. I'm not a romantic, so why should I awake her with a kiss? Sooner or later, Mari got up and yawned.

"Why'd you wake me up? I thought we we're having fun?" I snickered and threw a pair of my clothes at her with a grin.

"Yeah, well, we do have school today. It is Friday after all, thankfully." Mari took the clothes and got up to get dressed. I gave her a pair of Jean shorts, crop top, and my relatively new black high tops. She smiled at me before coming over to me and kissing me out of nowhere.

"What base are we at now? I think we passed all of them, but one..." She hinted, pointing to her ring finger. I pushed her away playfully and then grabbed her hand to head downstairs.   Today is going to be a good day. I know that for sure. Yeah, well, I lied about that. As soon as we reached school, those two were there and they greeted me with a stack of cash.

"Ava, baby, why don't you come back home? I can buy you all the females you want if you do." My father said. I knocked the money out of his hand as many bystanders watched the free show. "Ava, come on... We are family, are we not?" He asked me, "sincerely".

"No, we aren't. Now get out of my face before I place a restraining order on you both. I don't want to see you again." I demanded, beginning to walk away.

"You take one more step, I will order the police to come and take you home. Besides that, I will forbid you from seeing your girlfriend if you do not come home willingly!" He shouted. I stopped in my tracks. Could this be why Mari was acting so weird yesterday?

"Listen, you lunatic, do you think I can't take you to court for your past history? There are two witnesses, Nathan and I. If you want to keep both of your medical licenses, I suggest you drop off the face of the Earth and fuck off. If you don't, I will press charged. Don't you dare think I won't because I would in a heartbeat." The two left quickly without making a scene which just left Mari and I in front of school. She smiled and we both walked hand in hand inside...